Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lighthouse Cafe Bar - Worthing

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In Worthing yesterday evening for Splash FM party in Steine Gardens. Fancied some grub outside of the venue as we thought it would be better value for money and/or much better quality. Found this place in Warwick Street I believe?

Evening menus on the table, LOTS of space (in fact just 3/4 tables in use). Menu looked OK, not too fussy as we really just wanted a hot snack type of thing, burger or panini etc.. Spoke to one of the three staff who informed us it was table service. Chose table, sat down, decided on what to have, chose a bottle of wine to order, closed menus, laid them on table and waited, and waited, and waited.

We were sat in FULL view of the staff, two youngsters and maybe the owner, one of whom may have been serving another table. We tried to catch their eye, we 'ahemed' and coughed for three or four minutes as they chatted and discussed whatever was more important than serving us. We were the only table waiting to order, we wanted to spend money in this establishment, it was a quiet period with very few customers. We left without spending a penny, or even getting a glance from the staff as we walked past them.

Apparently this cafe has not been open very long, if the standard of service continues as is then it will close very soon. So if you are after a speedy snack in central Worthing, go elsewhere.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I have zero tolerance of poor service when eating out. It seriously winds me up. If they continue like that, they won't stay in business too long.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Is that the place near pizza express opposite the Warwick ?

Was going to have a breakfast in there last Sunday, didn't bother as looked overpriced and the staff looked disinterested .

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Their web sit has a comments panel. Why not put your observations on it?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
very suprised to hear this,run by a friend ,and a big brighton fan,its doing very very well and is 2nd on trip advisor in worthing,never have a problem in there,

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
very suprised to hear this,run by a friend ,and a big brighton fan,its doing very very well and is 2nd on trip advisor in worthing,never have a problem in there,

Perhaps you have answered yourself - run by a friend- perhaps the staff know you and the owner are friends so will not leave you waiting.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
lets hope they can get their act together
sounds like a one off ?
definitely not starbucks or costa or etc etc
give them feedback
ie give them a chance
tell them they got a mention on one of the most important social networking sites in sussex
be specific
and wish them all the best in turning this round

why open a place like that and have a decent menu if you are not interested in offering excellent service?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
just look on trip advisor,proof they are a decent operation,like i said suprised,
no place ever gets everything right all the time,but have alerted the owner to this thread

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
lets hope they can get their act together
sounds like a one off ?
definitely not starbucks or costa or etc etc
give them feedback
ie give them a chance
tell them they got a mention on one of the most important social networking sites in sussex
be specific
and wish them all the best in turning this round

why open a place like that and have a decent menu if you are not interested in offering excellent service?

I'd go along with this and hope the OP just got very "unlucky" and this wasn't typical.

I'd give them the feedback. It might seem perfectly obvious to us (the customer) but anything that can help an independent cope with the the dominance of the multi nationals is positive in my book

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
and yes I agree with the "hand in the air" bit

that might have been too subtle though

might need a 10 minute lecture from someone they respect!

ps > I meant a one off café, > its unlikely to have been a one off experience, maybe one in ten but not one off

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
I've eaten here a few times and every time the service and food has been top notch. Maybe OP was just unlucky and went on one of busiest evenings if the year.

It's run by "tree man" from goldstone days and once he realises you are Albion he is happy to chat.

Think OP maybe just unlucky

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Warwick grim with family / for food really I would say, but never liked it that much apart from as a football pub.

No excuse for poor service really, plenty of good cafés in Worthing for choice.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hopefully we were just unlucky, and the owner will aim to minimise such occurrences.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here