Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we threaten to pull out 2018 World Cup if we qualify

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Due to the poor support of Russia to help solve the question who pulled the trigger and fired the missile that downed an innocent aircraft,also they should be helping recover the bodies more quickly and returning them to the famileys ASAP. Why should we reward them with a World Cup maybe I am wrong involving sport in politics and do they care.
Seeing the news today I feel so sorry for all the family's and sports is very insignificant at the moment. My thoughts with all those that have lost somebody in this terrible incident.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yeah, that'll teach them.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It will be long forgotten about by then,sad but true.

The issue however over the Ukraine in general is something that may continue for the longer term.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Due to the poor support of Russia to help solve the question who pulled the trigger and fired the missile that downed an innocent aircraft,also they should be helping recover the bodies more quickly and returning them to the famileys ASAP. Why should we reward them with a World Cup maybe I am wrong involving sport in politics and do they care.
Seeing the news today I feel so sorry for all the family's and sports is very insignificant at the moment. My thoughts with all those that have lost somebody in this terrible incident.
You think Russia would be bothered if we pulled out?

We are just a small island that no one takes any notice of.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yes by fook_, if those on here have 'concerns' about Israel and their perceived blatant militarism, surely those same gents should stand abhorred by Russia's flagrant disregard of the rules of conflict and political shenanigans.?!?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

That's why we are building 2 new floating ones..

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Really?....with a huge consumer market that supports a tranche of their economy.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes by fook_, if those on here have 'concerns' about Israel and their perceived blatant militarism, surely those same gents should stand abhorred by Russia's flagrant disregard of the rules of conflict and political shenanigans.?!?

I have, and I do. Killing innocent civilians is never right, no matter what your politic stance is.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Too early to consider anything like this but if it did happen in a couple of years we could not do it on our own, lone acts are very heroic but they never work. 5 or 6 teams speaking as one might make a difference and be heard

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Or maybe we should be denied entry to the World Cup until we can explain why we invaded a country on the pre-text they had threatening weaponry, and had the intention of using it, only to find they didn't, and set off a chain of events that has made the world a far less stable place, ultimately costing the lives of thousands more of people than its wicked regime had ever taken. :shrug:

This nation is in no position to claim the lofty prize of moral arbiter to the rest of the planet.

Last edited:

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Not to deliberately ignore this tragedy but why aren't the LGB&T issues making people ask similar questions?

I'll now await my flaming. :flameboun

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not to deliberately ignore this tragedy but why aren't the LGB&T issues making people ask similar questions?

The who?

Eeyore

Apr 5, 2014

I recently read that homosexuality is illegal in 81 countries. Often punished very harshly, and in most leading to cultural isolation. The situation in Russia is very difficult for some people, but far more bearable than most of those. These issues are all too often raised in an arbitrary way.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

If people questioned every dodgy practice in every country there would be no international sporting events.

there are only 3 truly civilised nations on the planet after all

Eeyore

Apr 5, 2014
If people questioned every dodgy practice in every country there would be no international sporting events.

there are only 3 truly civilised nations on the planet after all

I'd be interested, and not as an antagonist, who you consider them to be, and why.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'd be interested, and not as an antagonist, who you consider them to be, and why.

Britain Holland and Germany.....why?......dont know really,ive had a couple of stellas ......just thought they are generally good eggs.

would have included Australia but couldnt bring myself to do it :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here