Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else bringing flags next season?

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Got a sussex, custom design one and one more. Gonna wave them. Spot myself in crowd make Falmer look colourful.
:albion:

5ft by 3ft ones are dead cheap. Love to see more Sussex flags at the amex. Maybe some of those ones from Donny game as well. Lets paint a sea of blue and white. And lets try an have less than 5 chants going at once.

BTW Waving > hanging up.

And if you haven't got one just wave scarf I've been dong that when I didn't have a flag to try and spot me out. Sometimes it works. :lolol:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
Yep got ours ready for back row north stand A block :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Huddersfield seem to be having a big drive to up their atmosphere next season (no doubt a drum will be involved, FFS).

Some of their new flags look- to be honest- a bit Mickey Mouse:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405810677.346562.jpg

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
...others, on the other hand, are excellent. I like the idea of having a few club legends on banners. I wish we could come up with a flag of the famous Alan Mullery v sign moment, not sure if the club would consider it too risqué though?

These banners of Huddersfield are all CrowdFunded, it seems.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405810761.604165.jpg

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Considering the apparently unqualified support for flags I am obviously just a grumpy old man - or - maybe there are others who find it very frustrating to have a couple of youngsters in the seats in front of them waving their flags over their heads for most of the 90 minutes - it's like watching the game through the spokes of a wagon wheel.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Considering the apparently unqualified support for flags I am obviously just a grumpy old man - or - maybe there are others who find it very frustrating to have a couple of youngsters in the seats in front of them waving their flags over their heads for most of the 90 minutes - it's like watching the game through the spokes of a wagon wheel.

Where do you sit?

& I think some of those ones are designed to be hung, rather than waved. Same as the ones across the back of the North Stand.

WhingForPresident

Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Huddersfield seem to be having a big drive to up their atmosphere next season (no doubt a drum will be involved, FFS).

Some of their new flags look- to be honest- a bit Mickey Mouse:

View attachment 56406

I've had to Wikipedia what the bloody hell this even means.

Apparently they won the First Division three consecutive times in the 1920's :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I think we need a: "You'll never win eleven Sussex Senior Cup titles" flag. It's about as relevant in modern times as league titles from the 1920's are.

DNB_Seagull

Apr 27, 2014

I am planning to do it just before the match and when we score.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I am planning to do it just before the match and when we score.

To be fair it only happened on a couple of occasions as the seats were normally occupied by adults - when it did I didn't have the heart to say anything as the lads were clearly enjoying themselves - maybe I'm not that grumpy after-all :D

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
I've had to Wikipedia what the bloody hell this even means.

Apparently they won the First Division three consecutive times in the 1920's :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Yep, Herbert Chapman's famous (ish) side, I believe.

Essentially, I presume this particular banner (and presumably song) is a dig at Leeds United. Personally, I think it looks a bit small-time, if that's the case, banging on about titles from ninety years ago, simply as something to poke Leeds with.

Got no time for Leeds myself, but as if they give a toss about Huddersfield's titles in 1924.

DNB_Seagull

Apr 27, 2014
To be fair it only happened on a couple of occasions as the seats were normally occupied by adults - when it did I didn't have the heart to say anything as the lads were clearly enjoying themselves - maybe I'm not that grumpy after-all :D

I heard a while ago some man shouted at a 9 year old to put the flag down. Sure that wasn't you? :D Hahaha! Overall flags are a good way to make the ground look good. Not in the way those 'ultras' up the road have done it. The saw mask is like an intimidation thing. And ffs the word 'ultra' is a cringe word alone. :ffsparr:

WhingForPresident

Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I heard a while ago some man shouted at a 9 year old to put the flag down. Sure that wasn't you? :D Hahaha! Overall flags are a good way to make the ground look good. Not in the way those 'ultras' up the road have done it. The saw mask is like an intimidation thing. And ffs the word 'ultra' is a cringe word alone. :ffsparr:

As opposed to "kollective" :lolol:

DNB_Seagull

Apr 27, 2014
As opposed to "kollective" :lolol:

They call em selves ultras as well. I get that there has to be a group to order the flags but I don't think they need a special name or their names on flags. Overall tho I think its good that the north stand has something like the SWC group even if they call themselves 'ultras' and 'ruffians'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here