Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U21 Albion 1 Stoke 1

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
So who are the players on Trial for the club.....cannot be named in the report yet so are they next weeks potential signings?:albion2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Presumably they are the three triallists that went on the Spanish tour (Touray , Pappoe and Cole)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
seems unlikely as already been named by the club - so why the secrecy?

I think you cannot actually name them under Football League rules when a game is played in this country , even though we know who they are because they went to Spain.

" 'Trialist' means a player playing in age groups Under 9 to Under 21 who is attending an Academy on trial under the provisions of Rule 214 of the Youth Development Rules."

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Unless there is actually a player called Triallist!

image.jpg

Blackpool have the 'Trialist' family playing in their friendly today.:rolleyes:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What is the point of having a trialist and not even giving them a trial?

They will have been training with the U21 side to see if they are good enough to be offered a contract. It will be up to the U21 manager to decide if the trialist warrants any minutes on the pitch in a friendly game but the scoreline may have been a factor with the boys holding their own against a U21 PL side.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
seems unlikely as already been named by the club - so why the secrecy?

Update , the OS now has a picture gallery of the game and Touray , Pappoe and Cole all played.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good to see Trialist scoring for us. I thought we had 5 of him?

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
Why didn't they announce it was at American Express's amazing superior ultimate training ground or whatever is is called? I would happily have popped over :ffsparr:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think you cannot actually name them under Football League rules when a game is played in this country , even though we know who they are because they went to Spain.

" 'Trialist' means a player playing in age groups Under 9 to Under 21 who is attending an Academy on trial under the provisions of Rule 214 of the Youth Development Rules."

As far as I know, there is no Football League rule that prevents a trialist being named. We have had plenty of trialists over the years that HAVE been named. The section you quote is simply an explanation of terms used in that handbook.

The fact that the match report now gives their names suggests it was simply a club (or employee) decision not to name them originally, but common sense eventually prevailed.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why didn't they announce it was at American Express's amazing superior ultimate training ground or whatever is is called? I would happily have popped over :ffsparr:

I believe it was a "behind closed doors" friendly. As far as I know, there are not, and will not be, plans to allow the general public to attend games being played at the new facility.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Presumably they are the three triallists that went on the Spanish tour (Touray , Pappoe and Cole)
check-in-minion.jpg

Pappoe!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As far as I know, there is no Football League rule that prevents a trialist being named. We have had plenty of trialists over the years that HAVE been named. The section you quote is simply an explanation of terms used in that handbook.

The fact that the match report now gives their names suggests it was simply a club (or employee) decision not to name them originally, but common sense eventually prevailed.

There have been Albion reserves games in the past where a trialist has played but hasn't been named , in some cases their identity is known through the grapevine or nobody has a clue who they were apart from the club.

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
I believe it was a "behind closed doors" friendly. As far as I know, there are not, and will not be, plans to allow the general public to attend games being played at the new facility.

This seems REALLY stupid by the Albion. Its for player development so surely that should include playing in front of a crowd?

May as well keep playing at Culver road.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This seems REALLY stupid by the Albion. Its for player development so surely that should include playing in front of a crowd?

May as well keep playing at Culver road.

I believe the U-21s WILL continue playing their matches at Culver Road (this match was, of course, a pre-season friendly).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here