Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy McCourt? Sign him up?

Jul 17, 2014
Haven't heard any rumors or speculation linking us with him, but why not? Been released by barnsley, but looked class when they played at The AMEX last season. Very good creative midfielder in my opinion. I know we have no shortage of midfielders, but surely you can't have too many?

Jul 17, 2014

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
If we want another winger/creative midfielder I'd hope we'd go for Jordan Ibe of Liverpool on loan. Looks a real talent

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have see highlights on other games and he looked good in a very special way, more like Lualua at slow speed.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last year at the Amex he was the best player on the pitch. Perhaps it was just on that day though.

McLaughlin looked good as well (loan from Liverpool) and Cywka. I tipped Barnsley to win that game as I had seen players that run at the Albion defence causing trouble before, and after. I had seen Cywka and McCourt causing trouble before. Apparently, it happens occasionally but not consistently.

Six players and the goalkeeper are heard to beat on your own on a consistent basis.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I liked when we were signing players called Rodriguez and Lopez

Names like O'Grady & McCourt are distinctly lacking in FLAIR.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought someone was going to tell us about an Irish comedian who was on at the Komedia tonight.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Talking about wingers, that Kristoffer Peterson from Liverpool would be a quality signing on loan. Scored today against Preston and is really highly rated by Liverpool. Think he was on loan at Tranmere recently and Ronnie Moore reckons he's destined for big things.

Jul 17, 2014
Some people will argue he is inconsistent and I agree, but what we need is that player that can just occasionally do something special and if you can sign him for nothing, he'd hardly be a waste of money.

What are we going to do if the likes of Lualua or Buckley (both fairly injury prone) get injured? Sure we have Solly, but could do with more depth IMO.

Not saying he'd be great or even good, but at the moment we have a very small squad and with the injury problems we had last year I'd rather we had too many players than too few. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here