Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's going on here then?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
What's going on here is that Charlton saw something that we didn't. Doesn't mean either of them will make the grade.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
They are 11 and 9 FFS. "They will play me in a more attacking role"............. No wonder our national team is good competition for Luxembourg. I blame the Parents.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
What concerned me is that we had a kid (from Brighton) on our books who has now chosen to leave us and sign for Charlton. I don't know the background to this (did we mind that he left us or did we suggest to him that he would be better off elsewhere) but if he just up and left to play for a club that's 60 miles away then I find that worrying. I don't have any insight to the story but I assume that there are some that post on here that do.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm looking at this story from a different perspective. I have no insight at all but would imagine both boys have been rejected by us. I just can't see us making the Lancing investment and then letting players we want to keep slip through our hands. Both boys probably have the blessing of the club to pursue opportunities elsewhere.

Last edited:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It works both ways we will poach youngsters from other clubs how many will actually make it,not a lot. But hope the centre will raise the standard of football in the County. However many kids don't get the chance but probably have the skills and ability but it's a bit of lottery.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dad can obviously find the money and time to drive through South London at regular intervals.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He's not good enough for a more attacking role, he thinks he knows better than the Albion coaching staff, pathetic, enjoy the commute

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Our coaches saw the potential in him to be a versatile utility player and another club suggests to his parents he will better as a striker , its all about the money in front of their eyes if they think he will be the next Rooney.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Good luck to them, 9 and 11, ffs, what on earth are people getting stressed about on here.

So you don't think that a kid from Brighton that we spotted some time ago and signed-up has chosen now to sign for Charlton is a cause for concern? If we let him go then fine, but if he left because he didn't like the way he was being treated (and this 'played out of position' could be what he was told to say) then I am concerned. As for the age, I would say that's exactly the age we should be targeting to bring them in to the academy.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So you don't think that a kid from Brighton that we spotted some time ago and signed-up has chosen now to sign for Charlton is a cause for concern? If we let him go then fine, but if he left because he didn't like the way he was being treated (and this 'played out of position' could be what he was told to say) then I am concerned. As for the age, I would say that's exactly the age we should be targeting to bring them in to the academy.

Personally I would say that a 11 year old should not have a 'position', should be developing his all round game.
Bit of a non-story anyway, kids swap clubs a lot. Maybe they didn't get on as well with a coach here as they did with one at Charlton, maybe we didn't think they had the future Charlton had. Lots of possibles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here