Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will CMS be a better player this season?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
As has been mention SH seems to play a style that should suite CMS. But do you think he'll be a more complete player this season after what he had to assimilate under Gus? I think he could do very well with a big man along side him, it will be interesting to see if he adjusts his game after what he's learned from the previous managers.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How did he play at Posh in the Championship? I seem to remember he wasn't prolific with them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is a tricky time for the club as I think he is out of contract at the end of this season.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
As has been mention SH seems to play a style that should suite CMS. But do you think he'll be a more complete player this season after what he had to assimilate under Gus? I think he could do very well with a big man along side him, it will be interesting to see if he adjusts his game after what he's learned from the previous managers.

how do you know that we are going to play 2 up front , i doubt it very much , i should imagine he will be the same as 2 seasons ago but not quite so pacey

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
how do you know that we are going to play 2 up front , i doubt it very much , i should imagine he will be the same as 2 seasons ago but not quite so pacey

I don't did SH play 2 up in germany? Pace will be interesting with the medical support these days i wouldn't be surprised if he is back to his top speed of old.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Unless we sign a top end championship striker I think he will be the spearhead of our attack this season over COG. I also have a feeling he will get better support upfield than under previous managers and have his best season yet for us.

I don't think he'll get a long contract extension though as he's the wrong side of 30 and the club will want his wage as low as possible. Perhaps a couple of years at most. Could be a tricky one.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes and we need to renew his contract too.

No, CMS will still be on a sizeable contract, he's 30 now and hasn't really set the place on fire. It would be foolish to give him another inflated wage whilst the club is trying to be as frugal possible. As Beach Hut says, this is a tricky situation for the club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is a tricky time for the club as I think he is out of contract at the end of this season.
It is tricky. I think we should offer him another year, on the same wages. That works out a lot less per week (£13k ish) than his first few years, as there's no fee to pay. Hopefully he'd take it, knowing that he could get injured again and be without a club and without a wage.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He'd started last season really well, had a 6 or 7 game blip and then got injured. People forget how good he was for us start of last season IMO...

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
No, CMS will still be on a sizeable contract, he's 30 now and hasn't really set the place on fire. It would be foolish to give him another inflated wage whilst the club is trying to be as frugal possible. As Beach Hut says, this is a tricky situation for the club.

So we let him walk for free at the end of the season then needing to replace him as well ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Being our most expensive signing he had a lot of pressure coming to us, especially when he and Barnes were the only strikers we really had. It’s difficult to include Hoskins as the third.

I don’t think Gus played him to his strength and with his own frustration at the lack of scoring opportunities left him looking frustrated when he didn’t take his only chance to hit the back of the net in a game.

I don’t think the pressure is on him now to live up to that expensive star signing and he is more of just another squad member. Hopefully a more relaxed CMS under Sami will bring out the best in him.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
So we let him walk for free at the end of the season then needing to replace him as well ?

We'll probably sell him in January like we did with Barnes rather than let him walk away for nothing at the end of the season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here