Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke McCormick Club Captain at Plymouth Argyle!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Im split over this.

Yes he made a terrible mistake and through his own stupidity, he killed 2 innocent children. But he also pleaded guilty, served his time and has rebuilt his life. No doubt he nearly ruined his own life as well.

Cant decide whether its a good or bad thing myself. Just because someone committed a crime, it doesnt mean their entire lives should be over - controversial and i know I will get some stick/thumbs down-ed for saying it. If Plymouth want to do it, then on their head be it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Im split over this.

Yes he made a terrible mistake and through his own stupidity, he killed 2 innocent children. But he also pleaded guilty, served his time and has rebuilt his life. No doubt he nearly ruined his own life as well.

Cant decide whether its a good or bad thing myself. Just because someone committed a crime, it doesnt mean their entire lives should be over - controversial and i know I will get some stick/thumbs down-ed for saying it. If Plymouth want to do it, then on their head be it.

I'm with you in the most part, but I think it more than a tad insensitive of Plymouth to make him club captain.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Im split over this.

I think, THIS.
He has to live with himself after all

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
my issue is that he should be in prison for life and not given the chance to have a life after taking two childrens.

He made a mistake, a stupid, thoughtless decision, and he served prison for it. It's sad but shit happens. He'll now get shit all his life for anything good that is going to happen to him, and maybe he deserves that, so carry on.

Life in prison? mmm. You're a one-chance kinda man aren't you.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Every sympathy with the family, I hope match days are made a living hell for the ****er.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I'm with you in the most part, but I think it more than a tad insensitive of Plymouth to make him club captain.

Which is the side im slightly coming down on. By all means sign him, but im unsure about being captain, especially so soon after re-signing.

He made a stupid mistake, like most humans will do in their lives - albeit not as severe. He paid the price and it will no doubt haunt him for the rest of his life as it is.

dandanutta

Mar 21, 2012
He made a mistake, a stupid, thoughtless decision, and he served prison for it. It's sad but shit happens. He'll now get shit all his life for anything good that is going to happen to him, and maybe he deserves that, so carry on.

Life in prison? mmm. You're a one-chance kinda man aren't you.

I wouldnt say that,but the justice system is wrong 4 years is nothing for killing two children.

Mar 2, 2014
Typically over the top responses on this issue. Life moves on, things happen, the world changes, you either adapt and keep up or you don't, and you fall behind. McCormick served his time for his mistake and while it's horrible the family and every sympathy, of course, to them - you can't live in the past. I'm sure he regrets what happened, but he shouldn't spend the rest of his life in a cave because of it. We've all done things we regret, and things which have altered the course of other peoples lieves, negatively in a lot of cases, but nobody should be stopped from re-building their life, not even footballers.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Typically over the top responses on this issue. Life moves on, things happen, the world changes, you either adapt and keep up or you don't, and you fall behind. McCormick served his time for his mistake and while it's horrible the family and every sympathy, of course, to them - you can't live in the past. I'm sure he regrets what happened, but he shouldn't spend the rest of his life in a cave because of it. We've all done things we regret, and things which have altered the course of other peoples lieves, negatively in a lot of cases, but nobody should be stopped from re-building their life, not even footballers.
Shame those two little lads won't ever get a chance to rebuild their lives.

Mar 2, 2014
Shame those two little lads won't ever get a chance to rebuild their lives.

Yes, obviously it is. But that's happened now, and you either have to deal with it and move on with your life, or get stuck banging that drum forever and not live life at all. It's a tragic loss for the family, anyone who has lost a kid will feel their pain. I'm lucky, I haven't. But if I ever did, I wouldn't want to still be carrying hatred a decade on.

Also, the outpouring of emotion on behalf of the people who actually suffered feels fake and irrelevant.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I wouldnt say that,but the justice system is wrong 4 years is nothing for killing two children.

Agree, 4 years is no time at all.
I hate drink drivers and I would rather walk 5 miles than get into a car and drive if I had been drinking, this footballer had plenty of money to afford a taxi that day.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think it's more of a condemnation of the British justice system than LM himself. He pleaded guilty, served the time he was sentenced and has tried to re-build his life. You can't blame him that he didn't get a longer sentence.

Dearh by dangerous driving sentences are utterly pitiful, IMHO.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes, obviously it is. But that's happened now, and you either have to deal with it and move on with your life, or get stuck banging that drum forever and not live life at all. It's a tragic loss for the family, anyone who has lost a kid will feel their pain. I'm lucky, I haven't. But if I ever did, I wouldn't want to still be carrying hatred a decade on.

Also, the outpouring of emotion on behalf of the people who actually suffered feels fake and irrelevant.
Not fake in this household, the story has angered me.

I'm glad that you are able to forgive and forget, you are obviously a very level headed and sensible person. I'm pleased for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here