Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lingard in Man Utd US Tour Squad

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ulloa was in our squad for our trip to Spain...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Zaha is also included even though he is likely to be dumped by United and placed in the bargain basement bin sale (available at a £4M discount price I hear)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So he is, But then, so is Zahahahaha, and I thought he'd been shown the door by Van Gaal?

"Tour 2014 squad: De Gea, Lindegaard, Amos, Johnstone, Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Blackett, M Keane, James, Herrera, Cleverley, Fletcher, Young, Zaha, Kagawa, Mata, Valencia, Nani, Lingard, Welbeck, Rooney, W Keane."

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So he is, But then, so is Zahahahaha, and I thought he'd been shown the door by Van Gaal?

"Tour 2014 squad: De Gea, Lindegaard, Amos, Johnstone, Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Blackett, M Keane, James, Herrera, Cleverley, Fletcher, Young, Zaha, Kagawa, Mata, Valencia, Nani, Lingard, Welbeck, Rooney, W Keane."

United don't want to sell him in Poundland so are keen to get the best price by putting him in the tour squad. :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Probably doesn't mean much. Too good for us anyway so wasn't holding my breath.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
United don't want to sell him in Poundland so are keen to get the best price by putting him in the tour squad. :lol:

Well, quite! Maybe the same is true for Lingard too? I'm still hopeful he'll come (on a season loan); I liked him and think he'd fit well into the system that Sami is reportedly wanting to play. I know I'm in the minority on this one though...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably doesn't mean much. Too good for us anyway so wasn't holding my breath.

Blimey do you really believe that? He had potential but was lightweight and I'd rather we'd made a decent effort to sign Conway instead of him. Lingard did not stand out in our team so how can he be too good for us, how often was he MOM?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blimey do you really believe that? He had potential but was lightweight and I'd rather we'd made a decent effort to sign Conway instead of him. Lingard did not stand out in our team so how can he be too good for us, how often was he MOM?

In terms of touch, technique, positioning, vision etc he looked like he was playing a level above. Some of his link up play only Vicente or possibly Bruno at his best would be capable of from our recent squad.

The issue he MASSIVELY needs to sort out is how weak he is, however he's used to training with United players who go down at the drop of a hat because you get those decisions in the Prem.

He SHOULD go on to be a quality Prem player. I'll happily be called up on it and eat my words if he drops down a few divisions.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
In terms of touch, technique, positioning, vision etc he looked like he was playing a level above. Some of his link up play only Vicente or possibly Bruno at his best would be capable of from our recent squad.

The issue he MASSIVELY needs to sort out is how weak he is, however he's used to training with United players who go down at the drop of a hat because you get those decisions in the Prem.

He SHOULD go on to be a quality Prem player. I'll happily be called up on it and eat my words if he drops down a few divisions.

Yes those two or three occasions when he was clean through on to be caught up by a lumbering centre-back and shoot without any confidence he looked a class above.

He looked promising, nothing more.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes those two or three occasions when he was clean through on to be caught up by a lumbering centre-back and shoot without any confidence he looked a class above.

He looked promising, nothing more.

Agree to disagree. He's got the POTENTIAL to be absolute mustard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here