Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want to replace Ulloa?

imbrightontillidie

Jan 12, 2011
Realistic signings only

I reckon Ricardo vaz te could be a good shout,
west ham now have 6 strikers in their squad, 2 that cost £15 million each, already signed 2 this window

Valencia, Carroll, zarate, cole, maiga and vaz te

He's got height and a bit of pace and 27

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
James Rodriguez or Radamel Falcao I suppose would go some way to appeasing me.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Realistically, CMS seems to have good pre-season form. As we all know, pre-season form doesn't always translate into a good season, however, pre-season form is the only indicator we have at the moment.

In turn, Lingaard offered us something at the end of last season and seemed to be improving match-on-match.

With the above in mind, I can see us using a similar model to in out League 1 winning season - two contracted strikers (CMS and one other), with a youngster on season-long loan filling the role that Chris Wood did in our League 1 winning season (possibly Lingaard, if he isn't loaned out to a lower-end Premier League team).

If one of the above three strikers could take penalties, that would be fantastic.

So, to answer the question, I don't know who. But I don't think we need to emulate the Burnley/Forest model of having loads of strikers in the squad.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Most English based players seem to overpriced so I fully expect the club to look abroad and try and get a bargain who the usual suspects will moan about until they realise that he is actually quite good.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I imagine Burke and his team are currently busy researching (watching Premier League Years 2006/7), and will soon present Sami with a list of such gems as

Benjani Mwaruwari
Titi Camara
Diomansy Kamara
David Healy

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not Lingaard - not a fan, too lightweight. Wasn't overly impressed.

Cox from Forest, but unlikely
Martin from Derby looked a handful, but doubt whether they are looking to off-load.
The Tottenham forward who was on loan at Leicester
Cheap Spanish forward in the mould of Michu who is cheap.
Becchio could be ok.
Murray if he is fit.
Carlton Cole proven at this level - wages would be an issue.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not Lingaard - not a fan, too lightweight. Wasn't overly impressed.

Cox from Forest, but unlikely
Martin from Derby looked a handful, but doubt whether they are looking to off-load.
The Tottenham forward who was on loan at Leicester
Cheap Spanish forward in the mould of Michu who is cheap.
Becchio could be ok.
Murray if he is fit.
Carlton Cole proven at this level - wages would be an issue.

Heard a Man U fan (southerner) waxing lyrical about Lingard on the radio the other day, thought he should be one of the first names on their team sheet.

Think he saw him do well in a pre season game 12 months ago.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Heard a Man U fan (southerner) waxing lyrical about Lingard on the radio the other day, thought he should be one of the first names on their team sheet.

Think he saw him do well in a pre season game 12 months ago.

Must be right then :) ......... Seriously, fair enough, can only go on what I saw last season and thought he wasn't any better than KLL or CMS.

Ironically the premier league may suit him more as there is a greater reliance on pace. I think the Championship you need to be strong primarily and then have some pace.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Must be right then :) ......... Seriously, fair enough, can only go on what I saw last season and thought he wasn't any better than KLL or CMS.

Ironically the premier league may suit him more as there is a greater reliance on pace. I think the Championship you need to be strong primarily and then have some pace.

No, I agree, from what I saw of him there's no way he should be starting for Man Utd.

I'd like him back on loan but wont lose sleep over it if we don't.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lingard and Murray.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good shout on vaz te . He tore us apart in that 0-6 defeat

Which was almost as embarrassing as the defeat itself, that day we made him look like the love child of Messi and Ronaldo.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
What do you think of him being a Ram?

Would you off-load for say, £2m? What would the cost be in your eyes?

He's absolutely essential to the way we play, allows the 3 supporting him to get forward. Oh, and scored 25 goals.

Funny thing is, a few months ago I'd have said £2m was realistic but then when you see the fees for the likes of Ulloa & McCormack neither of whom Derby fans would see as better than Martin, then you rethink a little!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here