Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] CHICKSEN: ONUS ON QUALITY AND GRAFT

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chicksen has his sights on breaking into the first-team after a transitional, stop-start first season at the club that was hampered by injuries.*
He added, "Personally I'm itching for the new season to start, but first we need to make sure we do everything right in pre-season so we are ready for the start.*
"It is going well. I have come back with a hunger and a desire, especially off the back of last season, and I want to get into the team; I have made an extra effort during the close season.*
"Obviously I came here before last season and had an injury, so I was determined to come back fit and ready to get into this team."
At 22, Chicksen is still a relative youngster himself, but he says he has been impressed with the younger players who've stepped up on tour.*
"They have done exceptionally well. I want to try and help them, as I've been there coming through as a youngster early in my career.*
"Young players do look up to the older players, even if you are only 22 or 23. They are 18 or 19 and they look to people for guidance so you have to be solid for them, help them maintain their level of quality and to stay strong mentally.*
"If you want to be in the team and stay in the team you have to be a leader just as much as the senior players.*
"Even though they are coming into the team at a young age, they need to learn that they have to be doing it day in, day out. You have to train hard every session if you want to improve."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here