Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa gone....

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
....had it confirmed from a good source at Leicester......feelings?

Me - gutted.....but what could we do? He wanted top flight football. We couldn't refuse the money.

Just so sad to see so many top players depart the Amex since we got there. If we'd kept them we would be flying!

But still trust in what we are doing with the training ground etc.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Good riddance I say, he's already taking up a place in a crowded squad, it's good to thin the ranks a bit and with the top quality signings like COG coming in I for one am delighted.

Edit - I moan and I get thumbs down. I stay positive and I get thumbs down! That consistency chaps :thumbsup:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
To be blunt, I thought over all last season he was fairly average. He had hot moments, but mainly looked average on most occasions.

This is not me slagging him off just cause he might have gone , and yes I would have liked to have kept him but he was no Marco van Basten was he.

Anyone truly think he'll light up the Premier League? I don't. He's a good Championship striker imo.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
....had it confirmed from a good source at Leicester......feelings?

Me - gutted.....but what could we do? He wanted top flight football. We couldn't refuse the money.

Just so sad to see so many top players depart the Amex since we got there. If we'd kept them we would be flying!

But still trust in what we are doing with the training ground etc.

He wasn't a top player when he arrived. He only cost 2million euros from some Spanish second division side. We've made a decent profit from him.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well, I'm going to be generous if he's off. He's my daughter's Brighton hero (and the reason she knows where Argentina is on a map) ever since the diving header against Arsenal in the FA Cup, and has helped drag an unspectacular side into the play-offs last season despite a lengthy injury lay-off.

The Palace home 3-0 win was something very special, just a shame we didn't get longer to milk it.

And despite all his qualities he isn't worth £7 - 7.5million, so that's something to take from it as well. I agree he is probably a good Championship striker rather than a Premier League starter, but he might be okay as one of four strikers giving something a bit different.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Albion marksman Leo Ulloa is on the brink of completing a move to Leicester for a fee in excess of £7 million.

Ulloa missed the Seagulls' 3-1 friendly defeat by Real Betis in Spain tonight.

He is expected to fly to Austria, where Leicester are based for a training camp, to discuss personal terms with the Premier League newcomers after the clubs finally thrashed out an agreement for his sale.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Gutted to lose him. We never played to his strengths, never gave him a partner up front, but he still delivered. Natural goalscorers dont come along often, we will miss him and he will do ok in the PL.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Bye

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Just hope that hoops can see some of the cash for a decent replacement.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Gutted. Great player, great guy.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Need to put this ' will he, won't he ' saga behind us and move on. Difficult to see a like for like replacement, so may have to adjust our style of play. A group of smaller, quicker strikers may not be a bad thing.
Reckon he was ' got at ' some time ago, hence his ' Bridcuttish ' loss of form....mind elsewhere etc.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Need to put this ' will he, won't he ' saga behind us and move on. Difficult to see a like for like replacement, so may have to adjust our style of play. A group of smaller, quicker strikers may not be a bad thing.
Reckon he was ' got at ' some time ago, hence his ' Bridcuttish ' loss of form....mind elsewhere etc.

Replying to my own post....madness!......just to say that whoever comes in needs to be a good defensive header of the ball ( a la Ulloa / Murray etc )...vital part of the game now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here