Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with Ulloa out and O'Grady in?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Doesn't seem like the sort of trade a promotion chasing side makes. Seems Ulloa was right in the lack of ambition/investment.

I didn't think this beforehand but if Ulloa is off and O'Grady is in I do wonder if we will end up in a relegation battle this season.

:(

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Doesn't seem like the sort of trade a promotion chasing side makes. Seems Ulloa was right in the lack of ambition/investment.

I didn't think this beforehand but if Ulloa is off and O'Grady is in I do wonder if we will end up in a relegation battle this season.

Ah right. So we're not allowed to buy anyone else then?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've not seen O'Grady play for us, so i can't decide whether he will be good or whether i'll be happy. I'm surprised other people can.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'll wait myself,and if the worst happens,then perhaps we were not quite ready for the Championship,never mind any higher..

But no,not happy...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the club tell us O'Grady is Leo's replacement I'll be pretty underwhelmed but I'll happily give him the chance before slagging him off. 7 million is too much to turn down IMO.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I've not seen O'Grady play for us, so i can't decide whether he will be good or whether i'll be happy. I'm surprised other people can.

Look at O'Grady's record. He's no Ulloa or Murray or CMS. I think what worries people is that we have now got over 11m in fees for top players (all now prem players) and we are looking at signing a guy who (whilst will be a good squad player) has had one half decent season at Barnsley. I am getting worried now and I am not a bed wetter.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Saw O'Grady in a zBarnsley game last season - running around like a headless chicken is the best way of describing him

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Change of style of play. Not lumping it to a big man in the middle all the time. It has its advantages, but it means keeping Buckley and Lualua.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Have to say yes. £7.5m for Ulloa is stupid money, and we had to take it.

If O'Grady is a direct replacement for Leo, I'll be pissed off

But we lost Spanish Rod, Barnes and Hoskins from the striker list in the past 6 months, so pleased with the O'Grady signing, but not if he is the main striker!

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I'm pretty sure the club will spend a large chunk of the fee reinvesting in the squad. Have faith and patience people, we'll be fine in the long run.

We can't sign anyone if the club isn't prepared to pay the wages , we can't get the ward deal done coz we are worried over a couple of grand.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Look at O'Grady's record. He's no Ulloa or Murray or CMS. I think what worries people is that we have now got over 11m in fees for top players (all now prem players) and we are looking at signing a guy who (whilst will be a good squad player) has had one half decent season at Barnsley. I am getting worried now and I am not a bed wetter.

I can see what you mean, but CMS has a poor record at this level (compared to L1) and Ulloa was unproven in the UK before we signed him. Ok, he's not a stellar signing but if he works in our system then i don't see the issue with it.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

yes i think we will

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Christ have I missed august and it's now September 1?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In some respects, O'Grady WILL be Leo's replacement, and in others, not.

By that, I mean that he'll replace him in the SQUAD as, the 'big centre forward', but because of the change of style I'm expecting, that role will be a much less significant one, and the role of 'star striker' will be filled by somebody else.

In my opinion, like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here