Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How far have we come?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Here we are 4 seasons from Withdean and haggling over somewhere between 6 mil and 9 mil for a player.

Underlines things for me, the direction we are heading is as Yazz and the plastic population ( no pun intended) once said

Edit: sorry about the title but Stella Artois told me that is how to spell it

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Here we are 4 seasons from Withdean and haggling over somewhere between 6 mil and 9 mil for a player.

Underlines things for me, the direction we are heading is as Yazz and the plastic population ( no pun intended) once said

yep a long way , but now we have sold all our best players , and replaced them with lesser players the future is not looking good , i am expecting a relegation struggle this season

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
yep a long way , but now we have sold all our best players , and replaced them with lesser players the future is not looking good , i am expecting a relegation struggle this season

Or we've sold our top scorer and replaced him with a player who scored 1 more goal in a relegated team last season and got a significant profit. Doesn't say it all but an alternative way of saying it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We've come a hell of a long way but I fear we may have peaked :down:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
This question has been asked so many times, and the answer keeps changing. I'd say we are once again entering a new era under a new manager, and I'm hoping we can build on what has been a successful few seasons recently. Even before we moved into the Amex, we enjoyed a brilliant season in League One under Poyet. I'm keeping the faith, and even if we don't get promoted this season, they won't be losing my support.

So in short, we have come a mighty long way in the last five years, but like Icy Gull says, I hope there's more to come. If not, it isn't the end of life as we know it.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Will you lot please just shut the far cup, have a bit of patience and try and remember what it was like to support a club instead of tearing it up for arse paper.

Our club is being run sustainably, with slow, gradual growth - a system that will reap dividends now and in the future. If you don't like it, fine. But stop your bloody whingeing, day in, day out, like bloody Blakey from On The Buses.

Try and laugh now and again and things might seem a little bit brighter, even if you're only laughing at each other. :wave:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Bit of a rebuild job, though whether we'll get a team as good as the 12/13 one for a while I really doubt it.

Kuszczak
Bruno Greer Upson Bridge
Bridcutt
Buckley Lopez Orlandi Vicente
Ulloa​

Look at the players in that team above. Just a shame we didn't have them all in and fit from the start of that year, as we would have won that league I'm sure. Think we were top on points from January to the end. Hurts a bit when you think how much we really blew it in the play-offs.

Ah well I suppose ultimately its about getting up there whatever way you can and then using the money won to build. Even if we are very unlikely to ever have such an illustrious team at this level for the foreseeable, I'm sure we'll get there eventually. Just not that confident it'll be this year :lolol:

Will enjoy it all the same.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"We've come a long, long way together..."

We stand to make c.£10 million from two players that cost c.£2m to recruit. Good business, and definitely NOT the end of the world, as some on here are saying.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

It was only 5 years ago that we thought Liam Dickinson was a MEGA signing.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Will you lot please just shut the far cup, have a bit of patience and try and remember what it was like to support a club instead of tearing it up for arse paper.

Our club is being run sustainably, with slow, gradual growth - a system that will reap dividends now and in the future. If you don't like it, fine. But stop your bloody whingeing, day in, day out, like bloody Blakey from On The Buses.

Try and laugh now and again and things might seem a little bit brighter, even if you're only laughing at each other. :wave:

F**king so this.
We have come so far, and Rome wasn't built in a day. We're adhering to FFP and doing a good job at it. We were a struggling League 1 team a few years back, and here we are consistently challenging for a top 6 place. The club is being run correctly, and even if TB wanted to chuck his life savings at it, it can't be done these days without potential penalties. Good work Tb and your team. Take the Leicester money for Ulloa, but please( as claimed, we didn't need to sell) use the cash to build on our existing playing staff

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

The OP says sorry as I tried to start it as a positive thread but that is impossible on NSC

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
this is the first season since we have moved to the amex i have not been excited about the upcoming season , i think it will be a stuggle if not a relegation fight

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

So am I, especially if we don't sign 4-5 players of Championship quality.... and sign them SOON. Anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously deluded I fear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here