Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
He got this 2 minutes after sky sports Pete, seems like a ok striker last season scored a few in a struggling team

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He was linked with Sheffield united this morning, if he arrives he better not be ulloas replacement

Agree with this - he's a fairly average lower league journeyman striker, wtf are we interested in him for?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He was linked with Sheffield united this morning, if he arrives he better not be ulloas replacement

As I have said previously, we do seem to lack ambition when it comes to signing players.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Has scored 21 in 56 games for Barnsley, after a pretty poor record before. As you say, this is not a replacement for Ulloa, but that's not a bad ratio for a back-up striker.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Saw him play against us at Rochdale, he looked useful and caused us a few problems. (At least I think it was O'Grady.)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I remember when we signed CMS and everyone was buzzing about where we were heading. Three years on we are linked with Chris O'Grady. Even as some suggest he would be a replacement for Hoskins, it's still nothing to get excited about. His cv looks like a wheres were of northern shite holes, in lower leagues and his scoring record is average at best, even with them.....Looks like another name with Burke's footprint stamped all over it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not a bad striker, seemed to do ok for Barnsley. I'm going to wait and see if a) he signs and b) how he does before claiming he's good/bad.

Y'know, because i've got no prior clue about him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am hopeful O'Grady will have at least 2 quality forwards to compete with for a single birth in the team, these would be CMS & Ulloa replacement #1, hopefully there'll also be an additional loan player such as Lingard too. As a 3rd/4th choice forward, I'm content with this. If he is Ulloa'a direct replacement and will start in his place against Sheff-Wed, I would be somewhat disappointed.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
More or less the same number of goals as Ulloa last season, in a team as bad as Barnsley? Doesn't sound too bad to me, certainly not for £500K.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here