Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Ulloa again???

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Not handed out team sheets at the ground but Ulloa not warming up. Bêtis supporter drums are worse than the fatboy at leicester!

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Looks like it's time to write him off- now get your fingers out and sign someone! Ulloa was virtually unknown when he came, there must be others like him playing in the lower leagues in Spain, Italy etc. so let's get one in, let them do a job for a couple of years and then sell them on.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I am now getting to the stage where I wish Ulloa would just go to give us time to find a suitable replacement. How much longer will this farce play out for. It really is becoming incredibly boring.

Yet again, of course, it looks like we're a selling club.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Don't blame him at all for wanting to leave seeing as the club have no intention of being promoted to the PL any time soon.

You're absolutely right. So far we are showing precious little ambition in terms of building up a competitive squad.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Not sure if Ulloa wants to go ? But if he wants out let's cash in. Would rather the money than a player who wants out.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I for one never wanted to sell Ulloa but it is getting to the point that it needs to be sorted. Either take the money and get on with improving a very limited squad or tell Leicester to go away whatever the price. I have concerns that the longer we leave it to obtain the required price the more unlikely we are to be able to use that money in time. Lets face it and I know I will now be shouted down we are seriously short and after tonight are halfway through the pre season games. Tonight for example we have CMS as the only striker in the squad without the other problem areas. Not great.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I for one never wanted to sell Ulloa but it is getting to the point that it needs to be sorted. Either take the money and get on with improving a very limited squad or tell Leicester to go away whatever the price. I have concerns that the longer we leave it to obtain the required price the more unlikely we are to be able to use that money in time. Lets face it and I know I will now be shouted down we are seriously short and after tonight are halfway through the pre season games. Tonight for example we have CMS as the only striker in the squad without the other problem areas. Not great.

Quite agree. Everything is in place apart from the squad. Once again we are to slow in building a team. Terrible preparations if you ask me for a team bonding exercise in Spain.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
I am now getting to the stage where I wish Ulloa would just go to give us time to find a suitable replacement. How much longer will this farce play out for. It really is becoming incredibly boring.

You ask how much longer this farce will play out, yet you then moan we are a selling club. It's taking a long time because we aren't rolling over like we usually do, we are holding out to get the fee that we think he is worth, because this time we are not going to sell on the cheap. So exactly what is your complaint?

Do you honestly think we should not sell Ulloa if we get offered EIGHT MILLION POUNDS? Or do you think we should sell him for less than he is worth?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not saying it's true but is there even a slim chance he's the one name that auto goes on team sheet and we're looking at CMS and other options before deciding whether to buy a 3rd striker for decent money or spread it out on 3 players for rest of squad including a purely depth forward?

No doubt he'd go for 10 but if they not meeting our valuation maybe we are waiting it out and hoping to keep him

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Every club is a selling club, at the right price. Bale, van Persie, and more recently Suarez (great fxxking business by Liverpool).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Every club is a selling club, at the right price. Bale, van Persie, and more recently Suarez (great fxxking business by Liverpool).

Arguably Real and Barca are the only two exceptions in World football. I'm sure there have been a couple of contentious transfers between them down the decades, but that's about it. They only sell if they need to move players on because they are surplus to requirements.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Why has he not played ? Ok so he's on his way but Leicester can't dictate if he plays . Must be instructions to not get him injured which to me sedge out message to Leicester we've accepted defeat . Unless ulloa head not right but nothing we've heard suggests this . Would of personally played him and then told Leicester 10m in the post match interview .

Obviously we only know next to nothing

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Has his ankle injury miraculously been healed? Are the club lying when they say he has an ankle injury? They didn't lie about Bridcutt's state of mind and Ulloa hasn't put in a transfer request.
If and when we accept a bid for him, then I'll worry about whether he's going or not.

Never trouble trouble, til trouble troubles you.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
Are the club lying when they say he has an ankle injury?

Erm, yes, probably. Are you suggesting the club would never do something like this? Of course they would, every club does.

Or do you think they would say "We're selling him but we're holding out to get the best deal and we don't want to risk him getting injured and scuppering the sale".

Can't really imagine a world champion poker player negotiating like that, somehow.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He's gone people gone I say .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here