Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albums where every song was TERRIBLE!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
iu

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I recall getting an album by the Incredible String Band and thinking it was incredible anyone had let them near a studio after I'd heard it ...

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Wheatus. Remember them? Bought it when in my teens when into all that American grungy rocky guitar based scene and every song was complete ****.

And it was only 35 minutes long.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I always remember Zenyatta Mondatta by The Police being appalling throughout.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
GTR by GTR - in spite of a five star review in Kerrang it was complete total and unadulterated s***, all filler no killer, conclusive proof that bands make great music not guitar gods left to their own devices.

Although I love the majority of Frank Zappa's huge back catalogue Jazz from Hell could equally have been called "Bag 'o' s**te", because it was just that.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I didn't personally think that much of Teenage Dirtbag. So their shocking cover of Erasure's Respect is worth double ****shit points so puts it back into contention Shirley?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Is Teenage Dirtbag on the album? If so, this album cannot meet the criterion.

I didn't personally think that much of Teenage Dirtbag. So their shocking cover of Erasure's Respect is worth double ****shit points so puts it back into contention Shirley?

It is on the album. And yes the cover was bad, I prefer Anna Meredith's cover. And the original is in my top 5 pop tunes probably.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
It is on the album. And yes the cover was bad, I prefer Anna Meredith's cover. And the original is in my top 5 pop tunes probably.

If we had a "ONE Erasure song" thread, A Little Respect would walk it. If we had a "ONE Wheatus song" thread, I'd think the theme had gone bizarrely WAY over its tipping point.

Flex Your Head

Rip, Rig and Panics Greatest Hits for me

But they did have some awesome song titles!

Constant Drudgery Is Harmful to SOUL, SPIRIT & HEALTH
WILHELM Show Me the Diagram (Function of the Orgasm)
Those Eskimo Women Speak Frankly
BEWARE (Our Leaders Love the Smell of Napalm)
Nurse Increase the Sedatives (The Torment's No Better)
Epi Epi Arp Woosh!
Intimacy, Just Gently Shimmer
It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Brrod

And all-time party favourite, Another Tampon Up the A*se of Humanity

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Wheatus. Remember them? Bought it when in my teens when into all that American grungy rocky guitar based scene and every song was complete ****.

And it was only 35 minutes long.

THIS!

I once went on a 5 hour car journey with my ex-girlfriend in Australia, we couldn't pick up much radio and the only 2 CDs she had were Wheatus and U2, it was like choosing between being stabbed or hit with a baseball bat. We split up about 5 days later...

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I'm only guessing here but 48:13 by Kasabian must come close.

It's not a great album but there's still 1 or 2 good songs on it.

I'll nominate Klaxon's second album. After all the hype they threw it all away. The Rifles' 3rd album is also up there. Luckily they vastly improved with their 4th album.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here