Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Bandstand

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just a thread of videos that have made good use of the Brighton Bandstand, and other videos of acts from Brighton.

I am curious to how well we know the local music scene as there are some great acts out there? Video links are welcome............

To set the scene this one is a fly through, and around using Quadcopter & GoPro.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Nice Arty little video, with music to suit. I've never been on that stretch of the promenade but will next time I'm at the County Ground. Until then, and now in fact, my next mission will be to discover what a Quadcopter is. :smile:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Up until about a month ago, we were getting married on the bandstand in 10 days time. Unfortunately due to a set of circumstances beyond our control, we've had to postpone the wedding, but will be looking at the bandstand as a venue again when we re-schedule. Mrs P had even agreed to Sussex By The Sea being played after the ceremony as we walked back up the aisle. Gutted it's had to be postponed :down:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Up until about a month ago, we were getting married on the bandstand in 10 days time. Unfortunately due to a set of circumstances beyond our control, we've had to postpone the wedding, but will be looking at the bandstand as a venue again when we re-schedule. Mrs P had even agreed to Sussex By The Sea being played after the ceremony as we walked back up the aisle. Gutted it's had to be postponed :down:

Good choice of venue, and best of luck for the future arrangements :)

Flex Your Head

The Blue Minkies were my favourite ever Brighton band and featured members who went to be in Shrag, Slum of Legs and the Jam Tarts. And now they're back for just three gigs starting this Saturday at the West Hill Hall, then on to Indietracks the weekend after.

You can listen to pretty much everything they recorded here http://theblueminkies.bandcamp.com/

If you only listen to (or download) one song, I'd go for this - http://theblueminkies.bandcamp.com/track/tough-punks-are-square

Also, there's a bunch of Brighton-based band songs on the link in my signature.

[/shameless plug]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here