Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm surprised we're that high.

Sweaties in 27th.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Well that's gonna screw us over for future world cup qualifiers with the seedings.

Need to get back into the top 9 European countries by next Summer!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
20th?? Incredible based on how piss poor we were in the World Cup and have been for some time. 200th I could just about believe. No wonder the majority of top flight English plays have illusions of grandeur.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
How in heaven's name are Scotland 27th? The top 10 makes sense, but beyond that did someone draw names out of a hat?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Our euro qualifiers are , on paper, relatively easy. Perhaps Switzerland being the only tricky tie. We will be top 9 euro teams for 2018 don't worry

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The Elo rankings which seem to make more sense usually have England 14th and Scotland 36th. It works out based on strength of opposition whereas the FIFA system works more heavily on how important the game was, which is a bit pointless.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Our euro qualifiers are , on paper, relatively easy. Perhaps Switzerland being the only tricky tie. We will be top 9 euro teams for 2018 don't worry

Costa Rica was supposed to be relatively easy. The trouble is, we are so arrogant in this Country that we look at certain names and still think ' minnow ' It used to be the likes of Turkey, Algeria, Australia, Ecuador, Honduras and the USA but they have all caught us up now. Thats how far our standing in football has fallen.
We give our players delusions of grandeur by paying them ridiculous amounts of money when they are still wet behind the ears and haven't achieved anything and then allow them to be transferred for grossly inflated amounts of money, fuelling the idea that they are top-class. I wouldn't pay £20m for a single English player in todays market.
Under tournament pressure most of our players singularly fail to control the ball or pass it accurately. They cannot even master the basics, yet they are paid a kings ransom for inadequacy. They are praised to the skies by fans, some of whom, clearly can't tell a good club player from a high class international.
Judging from what I saw at the World Cup and with the same management in charge for the next two years, its a pretty bleak picture.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
i think the fa really need to just sit down with the premier league and sort it out, instead of trying to add extra leagues in the lower tiers, they need to get some footballs :moo: and tell them that all teams in the PL have to have a certain number of english players in their match day squads...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
You know how bad we are by the fact that Hodgson is under no pressure despite managing our worst World Cup campaign ever.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You know how bad we are by the fact that Hodgson is under no pressure despite managing our worst World Cup campaign ever.

It's not really the worst ever-at least we qualified...the worst was when we didn't qualify and the Sweaties did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here