Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion track Hammers keeper

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We're after Henderson
Sauce: Argus

Albion are interested in West Ham’s Stephen Henderson as they continue their hunt for a new No. 1.

The former Republic of Ireland under-21 international is on the Seagulls’ radar in their quest to replace the departed Tomasz Kuszczak.

Henderson still has a year left on a lucrative contract at West Ham United but may be prepared to accept a pay cut in search of regular first team football.

(Sorry if fixtures - couldn't see it)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cant say I know much about him.

Has had loads of clubs. Hi wiki doesnt inspire but he is probably cheapish.

Rather have PIG but open minded and almost anything better than Anks

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
Mate who is an Ipswich fan always rated him. I think he'd be a decent signing.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Suppose that means the Finnish keeper's definitely not coming.

Someone who watches a lot of Dutch football posted on here recently that he was quite an error prone keeper over the last couple of seasons (cant find the thread it was in) and best avoided.

I'm sure Burke and his team have done their due diligence on him...............or he might be great and too expensive, who knows.

As for Henderson, It seems that people have friends who support other teams who rate him, just surprised he hasn't made more of an impact at the clubs he's been at looking at his playing record.

CheeseRolls

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Does he spill it off his chest on the low drives like Keeley used to? ???

Wayne's nephew :moo:

I know which one worries me more. When he makes a save does he push the ball straight out to the oncoming striker and then blame his defenders a la Wayne ? We have had worst keepers over the years (Graeme Smith takes some beating), no one has irritated quite so much as Wayne Henderson

I wouldn't complain if we were able to get Stephen in on a deal though.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Begs the question of why we let a decent keeper go just to end up scratching around trying to find a replacement?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
He's never played a league game for The Hammers. Last season he played a grand total of TWO games on loan for Bournemouth as their THIRD CHOICE keeper.

We can do better than this.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
He's never played a league game for The Hammers. Last season he played a grand total of TWO games on loan for Bournemouth as their THIRD CHOICE keeper.

We can do better than this.

Well, thats not actually true. He did sign on loan at bournemouth to play while their 2 keepers were injured. He dislocated his shoulder in his 2nd game for them.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Begs the question of why we let a decent keeper go just to end up scratching around trying to find a replacement?

Because he was a decent keeper almost certainly on a top-notch keeper's wage.

We still have a decent keeper and a promising youngster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here