Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rare albums where the 2nd half is BETTER than the 1st

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Low by David Bowie. Massively. After that I'm struggling.

Oh and ( ) by Sigur Ros. Superb final 3 tracks.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Misplaced Childhood by Marillion. First side has Kayleigh and Lavender so is the well know side, other side is so much better. Childhood End is an anthem and a life motto.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Led Zep III
Meddle Pink Floyd, Echoes but they do have One of these days as the first track, so maybe not.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Meddle Pink Floyd, Echoes

Was just going to put that. Meddle is an enormously underrated Floyd record, every track on the disc (okay, every track bar Seamus!) is of a high standard and as for Echoes well, its certainly one of their all time top 5 tracks.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Good question because I can't think of many obvious ones and even the ones I'm listing you wouldn't say it was clear cut:-

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig Lazarus Dig

The Strokes - Is This It

Mr Icicle Boots

Apr 12, 2013
North East Aegean.
Difficult question when you start to think about it. I'll go with Bruce Springsteen's The Wild, The Innocent And The E Street Shuffle. The second side combo of Incident On 57th Street and Rosalita was epic when i first heard and still is now.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Is it rare though? Often the introspective tracks are on side B (or now sides C&D). Usually the first track on side B is perky, then the rest, especially the last track are the most interesting.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is it rare though? Often the introspective tracks are on side B (or now sides C&D). Usually the first track on side B is perky, then the rest, especially the last track are the most interesting.

Depends what you want from an album.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I immediately thought Meddle. Have to agree all tracks are good, but Side 2 is outstanding.

Also agree with Abbey Road.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
London Calling. Side 2 is better than side 1.

London Calling/Brand New Cadillac/Jimmy Jazz/Hateful/Rudie Can't Fail on side 1 or Spanish Bombs/The Right Profile/Lost in the Supermarket/Clampdown/The Guns of Brixton on side 2. Personally would say that side 1 just wins, but the whole album is near prefect and one of the best double albums ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here