Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grammar police

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Really clever and informative. That said the grammatical errors on NSC postings don't worry me at all. But I get seriously Pizzed off with guys that put more effort into ridiculing incorrect grammar posters than they do making any meaningful comments.
In fact it's bloody rude. We all have some standard of education some better than others. Give the less educated a break they may well be more talented in other arenas. I personally would think it a shame that good and genuine BHA fans avoided posting on here because the elite make fun of them. ???

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was going to post this, but wasn't entirely comfortable with one of the lines.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
Really clever and informative. That said the grammatical errors on NSC postings don't worry me at all. But I get seriously Pizzed off with guys that put more effort into ridiculing incorrect grammar posters than they do making any meaningful comments.
In fact it's bloody rude. We all have some standard of education some better than others. Give the less educated a break they may well be more talented in other arenas. I personally would think it a shame that good and genuine BHA fans avoided posting on here because the elite make fun of them. ???

I'd hardly call people who correctly use 'your' and 'you're' as 'the elite'. It is basic English, and if somebody can't get that right then I don't see why anyone would listen to their opinion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Totally agree. There's absolutely no need to make them an escaped goat.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'd hardly call people who correctly use 'your' and 'you're' as 'the elite'. It is basic English, and if somebody can't get that right then I don't see why anyone would listen to their opinion.

image.jpg

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012

Sorry but if someone wants me to go to the effort of reading their insightful comments they should accept that a forum is a written medium and put their own effort in to make their point in a clear and cogent fashion. Decent (not necessarily perfect) grammar is a big part of that.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I believe only stupid people coin the phrase 'grammar police'.

What other explanation is there for a poster to contribute to a thread,only to comment and adjust a post and state,corrected...?

I fully expect a visit from an authority figure imminently with regards to my post..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was going to post this, but wasn't entirely comfortable with one of the lines.
I'm guilty of reporting everyone that uses that word, but I personally give the song artistic license. As the Black Eyed Peas would say 'In this context, there's no disrespect, so when I bust my rhyme, you break ya necks'.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
grammar.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here