Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] *** England v India *** 2nd Spicy Test at Lords 17th -21st SS2 11am

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
After a pretty dull draw things seemed to have livened up behind the scenes with India claiming Anderson shoved Jadeja and Anderson if found guilty could miss up to 4 tests under the totting up of infringement points system , news just breaking is that the ECB have now accused Jadeja of a lesser offence lighting the tinderbox on the eve of the 2nd test , should be interesting .

Not sure how Stokes will claim a spot in the side again and perhaps somebody else slotting in for him , perhaps Jordan , hard to call .

larus

I wonder if something like this claim by the Indians will fire up the English players. Strange things can happen, and these events can often backfire. I'm not saying Anderson is innocent (as I have no idea), but it could quite easily backfire on the Indians IMO.
Sounds like a bit of banter and squaring up, but I bet they weren't innocent.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My understanding is any sentence such as a Ban would be suspended upon Appeal.

The ECB will obviously Appeal straight away if Anderson is found Guilty so a bit short sighted by India?

I'm sure the usual Cricketing Courtesies will be observed i.e. a few bruised or broken fingers and even more Sledging.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My understanding is any sentence such as a Ban would be suspended upon Appeal.

The ECB will obviously Appeal straight away if Anderson is found Guilty so a bit short sighted by India?

I'm sure the usual Cricketing Courtesies will be observed i.e. a few bruised or broken fingers and even more Sledging.

This happened on the Thursday apparently - they were having a laugh together on the pitch the next day, so this all seems like a storm in a teacup. But obviously India think they can gain an advantage from pursuing this. All seems rather petty.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If anything I think this could work against India - might fire our quicks up a bit more. Seems very childish though.

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
Can't believe that it has gone this far - it's like two kids bickering. "He pushed me - "But he pushed me first ...."

Wonder what would happen with the Aussies? We might stick them on a boat to ...... well, Australia !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jimmy likes a chirp....hope they've got the stump mic turned up.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wouldn't want to be in Jadeja's shoes when he comes out to bat next.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Glorious day today, win the toss and BAT.

Cook to get a century today, you heard it here first.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Good to see Cook's proved what a calm and professional captain he is and not said anything stupid. Oh

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The Wegner comment was very Un Cook like, almost showed that he had a personality and something upstairs.

I didn't mind that. But saying the complaint was 'a tactic' was pretty stupid

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Hopefully the team will bind together and consistently do the business on the field. We have become a bit of an easy touch.

Who do the Indians think they are ? Coming into our backyard and trying this on. Jadeja is not physically injured. Image us going to Australia and trying to 'take out' their best bowler from the series in this way. The flak our lot would get.

We need a win and if it means win ugly let's have it. We do not want to be nice losers.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It's impossible to know exactly what happened between Anderson and Jadeja because it was out of sight. However I don't believe India have made this claim as a tactic, maybe an overaction but not a tactic. In my opinion Dhoni is a player and captain who still adheres to the spirit of cricket, an example of such was putting Bell back in at Trent Bridge in 2011. I hate to say it but it's easy to imagine England players crossing the line, I do wonder sometimes about the England players behaviour such as urinating on the Oval pitch.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Agnew said last night he thought there was soemthing in it. Englands general attitude and play has been horrible over the past 12/18 months, and he said priovately the umpires dislike England the most for their attitude and style around the games. Looks like this is just an extension of that, personally I hope if he did it he is banned and perhaps we can start playing cricket properly again and within the spirit of cricket, hard but fair.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I'm going with Junior Giraffe on Sunday. Can't decide whether it would be better for a match winning situation by then, or just a good long day of cricket.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It's a tricky one if it's green, but I think I'd bat first. Today is going to be hot, and tomorrow could get humid and cloudy late on with saturady being cloudy/humid possible thunderstorms. I think I'd rather we bat on the hot clear day and they bat through overcast conditions at Lords.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here