Page 1 of 37 123411 ... LastLast

*** England v India *** 2nd Spicy Test at Lords 17th -21st SS2 11am

0 Not allowed!
    After a pretty dull draw things seemed to have livened up behind the scenes with India claiming Anderson shoved Jadeja and Anderson if found guilty could miss up to 4 tests under the totting up of infringement points system , news just breaking is that the ECB have now accused Jadeja of a lesser offence lighting the tinderbox on the eve of the 2nd test , should be interesting .

Not sure how Stokes will claim a spot in the side again and perhaps somebody else slotting in for him , perhaps Jordan , hard to call .
    Seagulls be thou the rainbow in the storms of life ,the evening beam that smiles the clouds away ,and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray .

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Just caught the end of Atherton i think saying teams unchanged for tomorrow ?
      Seagulls be thou the rainbow in the storms of life ,the evening beam that smiles the clouds away ,and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray .

0 Not allowed!
      I wonder if something like this claim by the Indians will fire up the English players. Strange things can happen, and these events can often backfire. I'm not saying Anderson is innocent (as I have no idea), but it could quite easily backfire on the Indians IMO.
      Sounds like a bit of banter and squaring up, but I bet they weren't innocent.

0 Not allowed!
      My understanding is any sentence such as a Ban would be suspended upon Appeal.

The ECB will obviously Appeal straight away if Anderson is found Guilty so a bit short sighted by India?

I'm sure the usual Cricketing Courtesies will be observed i.e. a few bruised or broken fingers and even more Sledging.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      My understanding is any sentence such as a Ban would be suspended upon Appeal.

The ECB will obviously Appeal straight away if Anderson is found Guilty so a bit short sighted by India?

I'm sure the usual Cricketing Courtesies will be observed i.e. a few bruised or broken fingers and even more Sledging.
      This happened on the Thursday apparently - they were having a laugh together on the pitch the next day, so this all seems like a storm in a teacup. But obviously India think they can gain an advantage from pursuing this. All seems rather petty.
      Last edited by KZNSeagull; 16-07-2014 at 18:14.
      Sanibona!!

0 Not allowed!
      If anything I think this could work against India - might fire our quicks up a bit more. Seems very childish though.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Can't believe that it has gone this far - it's like two kids bickering. "He pushed me - "But he pushed me first ...."

Wonder what would happen with the Aussies? We might stick them on a boat to ...... well, Australia !

0 Not allowed!
      Jimmy likes a chirp....hope they've got the stump mic turned up.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....

0 Not allowed!
      I wouldn't want to be in Jadeja's shoes when he comes out to bat next.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015

0 Not allowed!
      Glorious day today, win the toss and BAT.

Cook to get a century today, you heard it here first.
      Winner with a capital W
      1989 Rear of the Year (West Dorset Area, 1998 Runner Up Can't Cook/Won't Cook, 2013 NSC Rugby League Sweepstake Champion, 2014 NSC World Snooker Championship Runner-Up, 2017 Six Nations Prediction Winner, 2017 NSC Rugby League World Champion, 2017 Lyme Regis News Poster of the Year, 2019 NSC World Darts Sweepstake Champion