• Yes

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • No

Votes: 53 94.6%

• Total voters

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So given Burnley have invested in boosting their strikeforce, many on here believe he's nowhere near good enough for the Prem, Burke seems to like to re-visit players (mainly loan, I know) and we still haven't truly replaced him for the job he did in the squad, do any of the fine ladies and gents on this fair forum believe we'll go Back for Barnes? ???

I know how loved he was...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd welcome him back, never wanted him to leave but completely understand why he did.

I very much doubt we'll get him back though, he'll crack on and try and work his way into the Burnley side I imagine.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I do not think he is anywhere near good enough for the Premiership. I am not sure he would be Sammi's idea of a wanted player given that speed is not one of his assets. However he would be reasonably priced and we would know what we were getting, a wholehearted trier but not much more than that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would love him back but don't see it happening. Does the jobs of about 3-4 players.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would love to see him back but can't see it. He left because the club (not Oscar) didn't value him enough, will now demand a higher wage.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I do not think he is anywhere near good enough for the Premiership. I am not sure he would be Sammi's idea of a wanted player given that speed is not one of his assets. However he would be reasonably priced and we would know what we were getting, a wholehearted trier but not much more than that.

I don't think he'd be any good in the premiership. His ball-handling's not good enough to play scrum-half which is the only position he's the right size to play.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We saw every side of him down here from his arrogance to his brilliance , the goal he scored against Bournemouth away was world class , and one i wont forget , sold him dirt cheap probably summing up how he himself felt how he was valued by the club , good move for him and no i dont think we will see him in a Albion shirt again unless its a West Brom one .

[yt]37Ion4y0b7o[/yt]

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Looks like he is now 5th choice striker so I'd imagine he'll be moving to a Championship club (not us) soon.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
liked him as a bloke and liked him as a player
but I am afraid it will be a NO from me

never,never go back

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Jutkiewicz for £1.5M and Sordell

Re OP ... Barnes is a more than adequate second string front man for Burnley. He's got some competition but Sordell is more at risk I'd think

Who the fudge are Boro going to have upfront next season now after losing him and Emnes?

Maybe they are prepearing to lose Ings? Plus we all know Barnes can do a job on the left, I wouldnt be suprised to see him starting away from home out on the left for Burnley.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Who the fudge are Boro going to have upfront next season now after losing him and Emnes?

Maybe they are prepearing to lose Ings? Plus we all know Barnes can do a job on the left, I wouldnt be suprised to see him starting away from home out on the left for Burnley.

Boro look like they're going the Spanish road, good luck!

Barnes is a good workmanlike player that will fit in well with the Dyche regime.

Burnley will be right up against it from the off and Barnes is the sort of gutsy trier they are going to need.

Wouldn't surprise me if they cashed in on Ings if they get the chance either

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He will not hit Burnley's first team in the Prem other than with an injury 'mare for them. Simply not good enough, that's why they're bringing new strikers in.

We got good money for him considering his contract situation and his refusal to sign his new one that we offered.

No, don't want him back. We can do so much better if DB pulls his ****ing finger out.

No, he won't want to come back either.

6 in 24 for us last season is not that great either.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Loved him, would welcome Ash back with open arms but there is no chance of it happening.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always maintained that Burnley will sell him for what they paid for him after having achieved the aim of getting them promoted, he has done his job. but I dont think it will be to us.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cannot see us getting Barnes back seeing as we're trying to get Lingard on loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here