Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSK's new huge flag

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Bsmu47yCEAAtmmq.png:large

For the 16m by 12m one we still need £900.

Please send paypal payments to nskbha@gmail.com

Then we'll ask the NSK to start the fund for the lizard shaped flag! :lizard:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just out of interest, how would 16m x 12m compare to the old large flag for size?

I'm sure you've got it covered but just a reminder to those that are planning to put The Kop to shame next season, the stewards have a reputation, according to a guy at 'Barmy Flags' (up north) away fans have made a number of comments about not being able to display large flags, apparently we're "one of the worst in the league".

It's been done on here before (but hey, there's at least 3 threads on this subject alone!) at the Sussex Senior Cup final Bognor were not allowed to display their well travelled 8 ft George Cross across any of the 28000 empty seats and the brand new Peacehaven flag was subsequently confiscated and hasn't been seen since. So just make sure that any flag over about 5 foot has, and I quote a senior steward, is "fire certified and you have been given permission by the club"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm sure you've got it covered but just a reminder to those that are planning to put The Kop to shame next season, the stewards have a reputation, according to a guy at 'Barmy Flags' (up north) away fans have made a number of comments about not being able to display large flags, apparently we're "one of the worst in the league".

It's been done on here before (but hey, there's at least 3 threads on this subject alone!) at the Sussex Senior Cup final Bognor were not allowed to display their well travelled 8 ft George Cross across any of the 28000 empty seats and the brand new Peacehaven flag was subsequently confiscated and hasn't been seen since. So just make sure that any flag over about 5 foot has, and I quote a senior steward, is "fire certified and you have been given permission by the club"

Despressing isn't it.

You can't so much as fart in this country without the health and safety nazis descending with the red tape and the forms and the certificates and the permit applications. For a flag.

Suffocating bureaucracy at its FINEST.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm confused about this whole thing as it's been going on for so long. Can anyone answer this?

- Wasn't there a collection before?
- Who was in charge of it?
- How much was raised?
- How much was spent?
- How much is left?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Re: the DK flag, approached club (Richard, now left) back in the day and explained plans etc and club had no issue with, providing had safety cert. I think providing you do this, more of courtesy, and gain consent from fellow fans around you (again a common courtesy) then things will be fine.

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
I'm confused about this whole thing as it's been going on for so long. Can anyone answer this?

- How much was raised?
- How much was spent?
- How much is left?

There was a collection before and I think the remaining money is from the Stand Or Fall banner collection.

From twitter: [MENTION=25215]nskbha[/MENTION]: @BD19_Seagull we have £1085, need an extra £915 for the biggest size. #bhafc please send paypal payments to nskbha@gmail.com

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
There was a collection before and I think the remaining money is from the Stand Or Fall banner collection.

From twitter: [MENTION=25215]nskbha[/MENTION]: @BD19_Seagull we have £1085, need an extra £915 for the biggest size. #bhafc please send paypal payments to nskbha@gmail.com

Wouldn't 16 x 12m cover pretty much the whole of the North Stand!? How big does it need to be!?

Surely you just order the size of flag that you can afford after making a concerted effort to make a collection rather than just sit on the donations that were made in good faith!? I'm sure for £1085 they can get a pretty big flag! Maybe I am over simplifying it...

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014

- How much was raised?
- How much was spent?
- How much is left?

1. Still more money needed. Alot is needed.
2. The NSK.
3. £1200 I think
4. None yet its all for one massive flag
5. £900 still needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here