Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15th July 2014 remember this day.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The pathetic judiciary in this country have allowed one of the misguided fellows who accidentally killed the young soldier leave to appeal his sentence.
I will not give the names but you should know them (don't want to upset the mods)
How did we allow this once admired country to get as low as this?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There is only one sensible outcome, increase the sentence, death is too good for him.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Of course he is allowed to appeal it you pleb. Doesn't mean it will be upheld. The fact he is allowed to appeal is one of the things that seperates us from what people like him want the world to be.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Of course he is allowed to appeal it you pleb. Doesn't mean it will be upheld. The fact he is allowed to appeal is one of the things that seperates us from what people like him want the world to be.

Apologies for being a pleb.
Luckily for you we are unlikely to meet in this life----but I will keep my fingers crossed :kiss:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No need for the pleb stuff Husty.

The world is changing very rapidly, radical Islam will be knocking on the door far more often than in the past. Isis wants to take over the world, and UK and USA are very high on their list of priorities, we need to close the channels of hate.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I gave a 'thumbs up' - not for the insult.

I am thankful that I live in a land where even the lowest of the low have the right to due process under the law.

He has already had a multi million pound due process under the law----you are deluded.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
So you can pretty much be filmed hacking someone to death, but still appeal?
Let's just say we had sharia law, which they seem to want. Would they be able to appeal?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Are we up to stage 3 of a bin fest yet?

For what its worth, he is perfectly entitled to appeal his sentence - that is what is known as the rule of law, and helps separate civilization from barbarianism ( as opposed to the knee-jerk "string 'em all up without a trial because everyone is guilty" brigade).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
He should get life and have no chance of wasting taxpayers money by appealing. With the tv footage and his admittance on camera, this is certainly an open and shut case......murder.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
He has already had a multi million pound due process under the law----you are deluded.

I accept that but there is also a right to appeal under specific circumstances - if his appeal application matches those criteria then yes, I am thankful that I live in a country that respects that right and that the judiciary upholds that right rather than allowing politicians, or others, to ride roughshod over the law.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
So you can pretty much be filmed hacking someone to death, but still appeal?
Let's just say we had sharia law, which they seem to want. Would they be able to appeal?

Yup. And that's what makes us different from countries with sharia law. It's a right worth upholding, and it's one of the reasons why many (most?) of us would never want to see sharia law here. As others have said, it doesn't mean the appeal will be upheld.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Are we up to stage 3 of a bin fest yet?

( as opposed to the knee-jerk "string 'em all up without a trial because everyone is guilty" brigade).

Never said that.
Once again you live in a different world to me.
The person has had a TRIAL and has been found guilty.
These people will kill you/your sister/brother/mother/father/aunt/uncle/nephews/nieces and laugh in you face when you come out with your mamby pamby bollocks about giving them the full British Justice System.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here