Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beer is good, very good

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
So why not get him in the County Championship team and give him 4 day cricket. A much improved player over the last 12 months and would be a shame to lose him to another county just to get pitch-time.
Why sign Tredwell? For experience to rub off perhaps? I just don't understand?

TNBA

TTF

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Treadwell bowled 59 overs at Arundel at 2.67/ over.
Whilst Will is a good one day bowler, there is no way he would have an economy rate like that in the CC.
Treadwell can tie up an end to allow the seamers to rotate, or more essentially, allow Magoffin to have a breather cos he is the only seamer liable to take wickets this year.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Treadwell bowled 59 overs at Arundel at 2.67/ over.
Whilst Will is a good one day bowler, there is no way he would have an economy rate like that in the CC.
Treadwell can tie up an end to allow the seamers to rotate, or more essentially, allow Magoffin to have a breather cos he is the only seamer liable to take wickets this year.

Why not play 2 spinners , he could learn of treadwell

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
At Taunton, though and at the beginning of June. That's not really giving him a chance.

Well, a chance but not much of a chance. I am fine with him in overs limit cricket, I am not confident that he has it at Championship Level. Hopefully there will be a pitch to suit him (he definitely needs this) and he will be given another go.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
There must be a reason behind it, maybe he hasn't the stamina for 4 days?

It's a lot simpler than that. He's not been that great when he's played in the Championship - average close to 40 and a poor economy rate.

Especially when you cosider that Sussex at full strength have got a strong seam attack, they really only need a spinner to keep an end tied up, hence Tredwell.

I'd bung him in though. He's 25 and we've invested a fair bit in him already. It would be nice to find out if he's got it.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Title of the thread drew in in thinking we might have a sensible discussion about mufti instrumentalist (sic), folk sailor and jolly good egg Phil Beer, turned out not to be the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here