Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There's nothing like arrogance from a football manager.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Surprising 'Dickhead' type comment form a typically 'Dickhead' sort of club. They are so up their @rse it is unbelievable, actually it isn't. Footballing wise they are marginally better than Thistle which says a lot about the quality of the teams up here.

I love the beginning of season but not when that lot start trumpeting!

TNBA

TTF

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Suppose it's the problem with being a big fish in a small pond

His argument would have more weight when they've won the champions league a couple of times

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Unbelievable arrogance from a team who have no competition in a tin top league. It's Celtic though so I can't say I'm shocked.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Well, Delia Smith has just done their team talk for them(KR Reykjavik). Ironically, if he had any ambition he should have been attempting to get a job in the Championship upwards.

Last edited:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
KR one of the coldest grounds i've been to ,it snowed in September:lolol:0 0 at the moment live on BBC Scotland on channel 951 on Sky .The KR fans sound as if they've had a beer or 3.

strand

Jun 3, 2014
Deila: "That's wrong because you have to take into consideration the club, not the country."

Haha, if the qualification was based on club instead of country, Celtic would never make it to the group stage. They're definitely not a top 50 club in Europe. (This means that they're actually getting help from the fact that they're Scottish, suddenly turning them [kind of] into a top 32 club in Europe every year, which in real life they're not.)

edit: Pukki is great though, he'll probably come off the bench to score a few

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Unbelievable arrogance from a team who have no competition in a tin top league. It's Celtic though so I can't say I'm shocked.

I think that's the point he is making though. That it is assessed on the country, not the top club and their record in Europe. It's a valid point for debate. There is an argument for teams like Celtic having a wild card through to the later qualification stage. Like Goran Ivanisevic in 2001 at Wimbledon.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I watched the Celtic game last night, a bit of a come down from the World Cup watching two parks teams playing in a stadium with a single stand running down one touchline. Luis Suarez's brother in law plays for KR Reykjavik and was the best player on the pitch.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They're definitely not a top 50 club in Europe. (This means that they're actually getting help from the fact that they're Scottish, suddenly turning them [kind of] into a top 32 club in Europe every year, which in real life they're not.)

Ludicrous. Last season they beat Ajax in the Champions League, the season before that Barcelona and Spartak Moscow (home AND away), also Benfica, AC Milan and Man Utd not so long before that. Their European home record is very good and they are usually very competitive.

There are a number of clubs who, on paper, are nothing special but who are usually decent in Europe and make into the Top 50 - i.e. Shaktar Donetsk, Basel, Fenerbahce, Cluj, Sparta Prague.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ludicrous. Last season they beat Ajax in the Champions League, the season before that Barcelona and Spartak Moscow (home AND away), also Benfica, AC Milan and Man Utd not so long before that. Their European home record is very good and they are usually very competitive.

There are a number of clubs who, on paper, are nothing special but who are usually decent in Europe and make into the Top 50 - i.e. Shaktar Donetsk, Basel, Fenerbahce, Cluj, Sparta Prague.

Pavilionaire,they are 1/50 to win the SPL does'nt that say it all ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here