Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fosters Radler - alcohol free - I'm struggling with this whole concept.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can someone please help me out.

Radler-680x365.jpg

1) Nobody really likes Fosters.

2) Why then mix it with squash.
Foster’s Radler 2.0% is a refreshing mixed drink that combines 60 per cent citrus-flavoured soft drink with 40 per cent Foster’s lager. The most refreshing option of this summer's new drinks, the radler was developed especially to please Finnish taste buds. The beverage’s alcohol content is 2%.

c) After producing a 2% monstrosity why then feel the need to go alcohol free.

4) Who the hell buys this stuff.

Oh and Le Tour starts again tomorrow, so just humour me, I'll be gone soon.

Last edited:

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Sounds like capitalism to me, where do you go when you have achieved your market share? You have to diversify your product to gain a new audience, who that audience is remains to be seen :D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can someone please help me out.

4) Who the hell buys this stuff.

It is quite popular with customers who cannot drink alcohol because of their religious beliefs.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is quite popular with customers who cannot drink alcohol because of their religious beliefs.
Oh ok.
Obviously I knew religion can effect rational thought and induce poor judgement, in some.

I didn't realise religion also destroyed your taste buds.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It's 0.01% alcohol is it not? And I think that still counts as alcohol legally. I could be wrong.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=252405965

0.05% to be precise, so it technically isnt alcohol free - hence the age restrictions. Its a bit like Rizla's and filter tips, they arent Tobacco - but get the same treatment in shops and are age restricted (that and it is obvious that they would be smoking).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I like Fosters

No you don't.

Trust me, you don't.

I don't mind it myself, not so sure about the Radlers, as for the alcohol free stuff, I prefer to drink this sort of thing when I have to drive, rather than Coke/Sprite/Orange Juice etc.

As for whether people like it or not, there must be things you like that others don't. Whilst I agree, marketing probably makes a lot of people choose a product, they wouldn't keep buying it is they didn't like it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
, its mainly there for those who cant drink actual alcohol due to religion.

Or people that might be driving and really can't face coke, lemonade or orange juice ?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=252405965

0.05% to be precise, so it technically isnt alcohol free - hence the age restrictions. Its a bit like Rizla's and filter tips, they arent Tobacco - but get the same treatment in shops and are age restricted (that and it is obvious that they would be smoking).

I was about to post the same. For thus reason I really don't think people are drinking it on religious grounds as it is still alcohol

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I don't drink, but I've never felt the urge to drink fake alcohol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here