Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Ibe

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Leeds United and Brighton and Hove Albion are keeping tabs on Liverpool’s 18-year-old winger Jordan Ibe, according to FLW sources.

Ibe spent the end of last season on loan at Lee Clark’s Birmingham City, where he amassed 11 appearances scoring one goal.

Dave Hockaday’s Leeds and Sami Hypia’s Brighton are eager to bolster their squad before the start of the new season, and are targeting Ibe as a potential loan target to add an element of pace to their respective midfield lines.

The 18-year-old started his career at London club Chartlon Athletic, before moving to Wycombe Wanderers in 2011, the winger then moved to Liverpool in 2012.

The highly-rated youngster is keen to emulate Liverpool star Raheem Sterling, and Ibe told the Liverpool Echo:

Raheem is only a year older than me so I need to follow in his footsteps, and watch all of the other attacking players. He’s done well and scored a lot of goals,” Ibe said.

“He’s working hard all the time in training and impressing the manager. Because he’s young, players are helping him, so hopefully they can do the same for me.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm confident that, if he's offered a choice between Leeds or Brighton, he'll come here.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Would be a good signing, a lot of Liverpool fans rate him. His style is very similar to sterlings.

Did well at Birmingham last season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Same Bullshit website that is talking about Lua Lua going to Derby.

They could be speculating that if we sign Ibe on a season long loan then LuaLua is surplus to our needs and will be sold.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we can't get Lingard this could be a good option.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They could be speculating that if we sign Ibe on a season long loan then LuaLua is surplus to our needs and will be sold.

Just done a bit of research on the sight, set up by a young lad at his first year of uni, looks like he supports reading and is currently doing a media course at Bournemouth Uni, IMO he has no inside knowledge but knows the league well and its easy to put rumours out there when you have a credible looking website to post them on.

Football fans are like crack addicts, they justy want more and more. No news here apart from some good speculation.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm pretty confident he'd chose Leeds. Bigger club, closer to Liverpool.

Here he'd have a better brand of football, better facilities, closer to his family in Laandaan, Liverpool legend as manager, already knows at least one of the team...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

See your point but I think it will depend more on the football Liverpool want him to play. Think our style of football being closer to Liverpool's than Leeds will be more attractive to their interests.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Precarious finances, tin pot set up, unproven non-league manager, just sold their only good player

or

highest gates in the league, play-off team two seasons running, brand new training facility, former Liverpool player as manager

I think you're wrong - we are looking in far better shape than Leeds these days. But in the end, it'll almost certainly come down to who offers Liverpool the most in wages.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
If he goes to Leeds on loan he'll probably have to buy a house across the road from their ground to get in the team. If his birthday is on the 17th...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here