Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meet Adam Brett - Seagulls Player

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Having watched these two videos over my lunch break, I was really impressed. The planning and expertise that is involved in the club off of the pitch is astounding.

I'm sure we aren't the only club doing these kind of things, but it is really interesting to see what goes into the running of a modern football club. I would love to see more of this kind of stuff on Seagulls Player through pre-season.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Having watched these two videos over my lunch break, I was really impressed. The planning and expertise that is involved in the club off of the pitch is astounding.

I'm sure we aren't the only club doing these kind of things, but it is really interesting to see what goes into the running of a modern football club. I would love to see more of this kind of stuff on Seagulls Player through pre-season.
i agree mate its a good interview

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Excellent member of the backroom team.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The medical department looks very strong at our club.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
What struck me was not just the interview with the aforementioned Mr Brett but also the comments from Crofty in his interview. It seems to me that the majority of the squad are really buying into the backroom team, facilities and also Sami's ideas as well.

It all just has an aura of modern, professional success around it. It reminds me a bit of a documentary I saw about team Sky. There was no fluke to their success, it was all built on sound methodology.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
What struck me was not just the interview with the aforementioned Mr Brett but also the comments from Crofty in his interview. It seems to me that the majority of the squad are really buying into the backroom team, facilities and also Sami's ideas as well.

It all just has an aura of modern, professional success around it. It reminds me a bit of a documentary I saw about team Sky. There was no fluke to their success, it was all built on sound methodology.

I think the German club doctor we have was or is something to do with team sky cycling team.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I think the German club doctor we have was or is something to do with team sky cycling team.

Helge is the Omega Pharma Quickstep Team Doctor, and was before he was employed by the Club. Takes time off for the Tour every year. He was the person that stopped Cav from continuing in tour.

2551b322cc7822c8e3c32b996c25af95.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

We just need a decent team on the pitch now. Minor detail, but ...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This guy only came to us in January from a rugby background.

Yep - he spent several years (nine??) at Gloucester and has been a physio for England (rugby) too. That's a serious cv. We do seem to be intent on putting everything we can in place behind and around the first team to be the best we can. Are we doing everything we can (even with the restrictions of FFP) with the first team itself? I have to say that I'm not totally convinced we are - but it would be daft for us to be doing so everywhere else and not there - so I guess we must be...?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
It needs to be after last season

last year the doc was not involved with strength and conditioning - it was one of the Spaniards. lots of injuries

even though injury prevention is his speciality, it was taken away from him by oscar!?

the previous season he was in charge - and not many injuries.

he is back in charge of injury prevention this year - lets see how it goes this year.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
last year the doc was not involved with strength and conditioning - it was one of the Spaniards. lots of injuries

even though injury prevention is his speciality, it was taken away from him by oscar!?

the previous season he was in charge - and not many injuries.

he is back in charge of injury prevention this year - lets see how it goes this year.

That's a hell of an assertion! If true, it might explain some things. I do note the use of a "?" though - how confident are you that Oscar did take injury prevention off Helge?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I got to sit next to Helge at one of the sponsors dinners when Gus was still in charge. Lovely guy he was and really enjoyed hearing his stories about the tour and his relationship with Cav. We were riding the London to Brighton shortly afterwards so were dietary tips from him! Top top guy who seemed to be full of his own ideas about how things should be done at the club.

I'd have thought he'd have walked away if his role was being undermined that much though? Very interesting to hear none the less and might well explain some of the injuries we had!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here