Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby interested in Lua Lua

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon he'll be off if we get a decent enough fee to get a replacement in.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If we play this quick transition game, we will need Kaz,.... he needs to stay. They had better get him on an improved contract,...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hope he stays . I think we need to sign another winger as it is as March looks like cm is his future .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If we play this quick transition game, we will need Kaz,.... he needs to stay. They had better get him on an improved contract,...

He will need to learn that when you get the ball you don't need to stop, wait for the defender to catch up, just so you can go past him. If you're in the clear just run!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We need to keep KLL. He is one of the few players in our side that is capable of frightening the opposition. I hope he stays. If we have to sell a winger, I'd rather it was Buckley, who in my view is overrated.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need to keep KLL. He is one of the few players in our side that is capable of frightening the opposition. I hope he stays. If we have to sell a winger, I'd rather it was Buckley, who in my view is overrated.

We don't HAVE to sell either.

It'll depend on who we get offers for, and it's also significant that Kaz can leave on a free at the end of the season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Really? As Papa Lazarou says LuaLua is the chief culprit in preventing a quick transition. This is not to say that he couldn't play a quick transition game, merely that there are far too few instances of it so far.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Really? As Papa Lazarou says LuaLua is the chief culprit in preventing a quick transition. This is not to say that he couldn't play a quick transition game, merely that there are far too few instances of it so far.
We have never played this quick game in the last 4 years,... so maybe this playing strategy has stifled him, ie he rarely had support in the box to pass to, hence the turn and wait scenario.

To be honest neither of them have looked the complete footballer for a while now. I would agree I'd rather have Lua Lua than Buckley, as coming off the bench he has the ability to stretch the game and relieve the pressure off our back four. Added to that Buckley doesn't seem to have any hamstring's left. Having said that, he does tend to get half a yard on a player, then persist to slow and walk with the ball. For me its one of the key reasons as to why we didn't score too many last season as our 'game changer', allowed team after team to recover behind the ball and lose momentum on attacks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't believe that for a second.

I'm really not sure he'd suit you based on the three games I saw between us. Poyet described him as more or less uncoachable because even he doesn't know what he's doing next. Have also heard from a couple of people he was one of the players Oscar barely talked to - Oscar certainly only wanted to use him off the bench. Your game looked all about precision and pace on the break and I think he'd seriously frustrate you.

Besides he's got to stay - he's my son's favourite player!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
For the right money... no problem.

He's an impact player and therefore dispensable ... for the right money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here