Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHES HERE TO BE PART OF SOMETHING

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Hughes is keen to extend his career and say Albion’s high standards will help him prolong his playing days.
“I still feel I can play, it wasn’t the case of going somewhere for a year and seeing out the rest of my career, I still want to go on for another two or three years if my body allows me.*
“I have also got the European Championship Qualifiers for my country and I want to be playing and competing at a good level club wise that will allow me to play as well as I can in those two. So all things considered this was definitely the best move for me.
“I knew I needed to be playing at a good quality team, not just in games but in the training as well where you are playing with good players and keeping your sharpness.
"Even if there are a couple of weeks where you are not in the team you are still training at a high level, playing with guys that are keeping you fit and keeping you going.”*
aaron-hughes-signing-14jul14-ld229-1758047.jpg

The 35-year-old competed against his new manager Sami Hyypia numerous times during his career and admitted the Finn had been another draw for him.
“He was a solid, strong and formidable opponent that was not only good in the air but could get the ball down and play too.
"I cannot recall how any times I played against him but it was always a tough game, although I was always up the other end of the pitch but if you asked any of the forwards they always had a tough game against him.
“His record during his career at Liverpool makes him stand out as probably one of the best centre halves that has played in the Premier League since it has been running.*
“When I spoke to other people about him they spoke highly of him. They would say that I was going somewhere that not only is a good club but somewhere where the manager will be good to play for and hopefully I can go some way to contributing to a good season.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here