Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gove OUT in cabinet reshuffle

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gove will seemingly have a greater role in policy and media.........that's a Labour victory at the next election then :lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There's going to be a lot of very happy teachers today.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I text my teacher friend with the congratulations and she just rang me excitedly to say nobody had heard - my text broke the news and there is now an actual party going on in the staffroom.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I text my teacher friend with the congratulations and she just rang me excitedly to say nobody had heard - my text broke the news and there is now an actual party going on in the staffroom.

They think Tory policy is going to change then?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Very good news for education.

Unfortunately, it seems that Iain Duncan Smith remains in post as Work and Pensions secretary, which means that the assault on benefit claimants, disabled people, the unemployed and those in work on low incomes will continue for the time being.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The man's a menace, and an electoral liability. If he's genuinely being given more of a media role as polling day approaches, you have to wonder whether Cameron has any perception of what normal people think, or want.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
They think Tory policy is going to change then?

Gove is a typical public school boy and teachers hated that his way is the best way attitude. A new person might deliver the same news differently. All smoke and mirrors at the end of the day.

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
His replacement is Nicky Morgan. She voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools, raising uni fees to £9k, academy schools and ending financial support for some 16-19 year olds in training/further education. Oh, and voted against same sex marriage.

Delighted that Gove can't do any more damage to the education system but not sure she'll be much better

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You can translate that tweet as "grumpy old men think woman not up to it" btw

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He'll be an excellent Chief Whip. I mean this is the man who clearly stated that there would be no public enquiry over the current child abuse allegations, absolutely perfect for the job.

Does this mean the teachers won?

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
Mr Gove

The idea of free schools and academies seems to be a mistake. Financial control is handed over to the school, its Head and governors. Already there have been too many cases of mismanagement of these schools. And while I am a Liberal Democrat I still see it as the taxpayers money and there must be greater local authority supervision of schools. Both financially and what is taught. Mr Gove has supported both free schools and academies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here