Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatters really chuffed

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blatter yesterday:

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/07/14/soccer-world-cup-blatter-idINKBN0FJ23Z20140714

"Brazil has improved on four years ago in South Africa," he said. Four years ago he gave South Africa nine marks out of 10. Smiling broadly, Blatter told reporters at his post-tournament news briefing; "We consulted all our computers and our Facebooks last night and decided on 9.25 out of 10, so Brazil is an improvement on South Africa".

So the suits and duffers at FIFA "consulted all their computers and Facebooks" - and arrived at the conclusion that this World Cup was 0.25 better than South Africa. Wow. That must've been some pretty accurate calculations going on to narrow it down to within 0.25 of the last tournament. Some complex algorithms and detailed equations no doubt. Far too complicated for Sepp to explain to the likes of us in a press conference obviously, but the main thing is - surprise surprise - everythings getting better ! Well done boys.

Just think of those favelas across Brazil that now have the lasting legacy of a vast, majestic multi-million dollar stadium right there their doorsteps. One that was used all of 4 times before being mothballed (not that you could afford to go). You may not have clean water or a flushing toilet. Or a job. But gee, check out those sweeping roofs...

Gotta love those guys at FIFA eh.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Indeed.

Can we see the results of the FIFA poll on how marvellous the legacy is that was left behind in SA? Isn't there one Sepp? I'm shocked.
Can we see the figures on how much tax FIFA and it's sponsors could have paid in Brazil but didn't? No? Why's that then?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wonder what those computers and Facebooks are saying about Qatar ?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
the lack of vuvuzelas actually made it watchable with volume for a start!

just realised somehow, if you tap the swear word above, it hyperlinks you to amazon where you can buy the offending article?! how does that work?

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Current mainframe predictions are 9.5 - best televisual coverage of a world cup ever, and surpassing the overall 9.35 score Russia achieved.

Well I guess players dying on the pitch is likely to pull a big TV crowd - very gladiatorial. I wonder if Bet365 will offer odds on the first player to die each match ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here