Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Sussex Flags at the Amex next season Pleeeeeaaaase!

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
I just think it would be great to see more Sussex flags at the Amex. I've seen them on ebay for only £3.50 each!!!!

I don't necessarily mean in an 'ultras' style, but I do believe that lots Sussex flags would add some visual atmosphere to the Amex like supporters of foreign teams. They make use their local flags so effectively!...

Portland Timbers fans with Portland Flags...
-7a8dff2a1cdd911b.JPG

Barcelona fans with Catalonia Flags...
catalan_nica1142831_343159c.jpg

DC United fans with Washington Flags...
soc_g_dcunited1_sy_576.jpg

Get those Martlets Flying!!!
500px-Flag_of_Sussex.svg.png

Please note: The red 'East Sussex Flag' and yellow-topped 'West Sussex Flag' are the banners of East Sussex County Council from 1975-Present Day and the old West Sussex County Council from 1889-1975. They only represent the respective administrative bodies. The only flag which should used by residents within the county of Sussex is the six gold martlets on plain a blue background. This is the officially registered County Flag of Sussex and represents the people of Sussex, Sussaxons, rather than a administrative body, and does not require permission to display.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe the friendly at Crawley could give a plural birth to this ideology.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maybe clackers with the Sussex flag printed on them would add to both the visual and audible atmosphere :clap:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I just think it would be great to see more Sussex flags at the Amex. I've seen them on ebay for only £3.50 each!!!!

I don't necessarily mean in an 'ultras' style, but I do believe that lots Sussex flags would add some visual atmosphere to the Amex like supporters of foreign teams. They make use their local flags so effectively!...

Portland Timbers fans with Portland Flags...
View attachment 56250

Barcelona fans with Catalonia Flags...
View attachment 56251

DC United fans with Washington Flags...
View attachment 56252

Get those Martlets Flying!!!
View attachment 56253

Please note: The red 'East Sussex Flag' and yellow-topped 'West Sussex Flag' are the banners of East Sussex County Council from 1975-Present Day and the old West Sussex County Council from 1889-1975. They only represent the respective administrative bodies. The only flag which should used by residents within the county of Sussex is the six gold martlets on plain a blue background. This is the officially registered County Flag of Sussex and represents the people of Sussex, Sussaxons, rather than a administrative body, and does not require permission to display.

I admire your enthusiasm, and I agree The Amex would look good with them.
But it almost comes across as if you are the seller/agent of these flags on e-bay

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I can just see it now. A sea of blue, white and (bits of) yellow. The pride of Sussex flowing through our veins. Tears in our eyes. Everyone belting out our anthem.

Deerrrderdaderr daa derrr derrrr.... mmhhmhmmhmmmbernerrrr.
ALL TOGETHER NOW!
GeallsussberaseeeaaaGeallsussberaseeeaaaagerupwinerrcupSUSSEXBYTHESEAA
(Put flags down)
(Sit in silence)
(Leave early)
(Post moaning thread about atmosphere on nsc)

I'm in!

i can just see it now. A sea of blue, white and (bits of) yellow. The pride of sussex flowing through our veins. Tears in our eyes. Everyone belting out our anthem.

Deerrrderdaderr daa derrr derrrr.... Mmhhmhmmhmmmbernerrrr.
All together now!
Geallsussberaseeeaaageallsussberaseeeaaaagerupwinerrcupsussexbytheseaa
(put flags down)
(sit in silence)
(leave early)
(post moaning thread about atmosphere on nsc)

i'm in!
thats the amex for ya!:moo:

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
But it almost comes across as if you are the seller/agent of these flags on e-bay

No, I can assure you I have no connection with the sellers on ebay. Just thought how cheap they were, and this would be a good opportunity to add some colour!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Anywhere in Brighton that sells them?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Each town or Village should design its own flag but add a seagull in it just like the Kent boys from Burwash have done! It would be colourful and great seeing where all the fans come from.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Each town or Village should design its own flag but add a seagull in it just like the Kent boys from Burwash have done! It would be colourful and great seeing where all the fans come from.

I really hope that Kent thing was tongue in cheek!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

He's def not! Just enthusiastic about making the Amex look good - we need more like him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here