Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion boss makes his first signing [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Breaking news Albion boss makes his first signing[/h]Updated 7:05pm Monday 14th July 2014 in Sport By Andy Naylor
3140550.jpg
Aaron Hughes has signed for Albion
Sami Hyypia has made his first signing as Albion manager by landing experienced central defender Aaron Hughes.
The 34-year-old Northern Ireland international has agreed a one-year deal with the Seagulls after leaving QPR at the end of last season.
Hughes, who has Premier League experience with Newcastle, Aston Villa and Fulham, fills the gap left by fellow veteran Matt Upson's move to Leicester.
Hyypia said: "We wanted to bring another experienced defender, and Aaron fits the bill - having played at Premier League, Champions League and international level.
"I have played against Aaron a few times during my time at Liverpool and also for Finland, and I know his qualities and what he will give us.
"He has a very good footballing pedigree, is an intelligent player, and he has a great mentality and good approach to the game.
"He has that experience I wanted to bring into the squad, which alongside our other senior players, will help our younger players continue to develop and progress in the first-team squad.
"Overall, we still have some work to do in terms of recruitment, and we are all working hard to do that. This is a good start and Aaron is a great addition."
Hughes completed the formalities of his move to Albion at their Spanish base in Pinatar today.
He is expected to feature in Thursday's game against Real Betis.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here