Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HYYPIA MAKES HUGHES FIRST SIGNING

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Sami Hyypia has made experienced central defender Aaron Hughes his first new signing as Brighton & Hove Albion manager.*
The 34-year-old former Newcastle United, Aston Villa and Fulham player joins after leaving Queens Park Rangers at the end of last season and has agreed a one-year deal with Albion.
Hyypia said, "We wanted to bring another experienced defender, and Aaron fits the bill - having played at Premier League, Champions League and international level.*
"I have played against Aaron a few times during my time at Liverpool and also for Finland, and I know his qualities and what he will give us.*
"He has a very good footballing pedigree, is an intelligent player, and he has a great mentality and good approach to the game.
"He has that experience I wanted to bring into the squad, which alongside our other senior players, will help our younger players continue to develop and progress in the first-team squad.*
"Overall, we still have some work to do in terms of recruitment, and we are all working hard to do that. This is a good start and Aaron is a great addition."
Hughes flew out to Spain on Monday morning to join the squad at their training base and hotel in Pinatar.*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here