Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We havent got a pot to piss in !!!!

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Not so many weeks ago, Tony Bloom stated in an interview that the club wouldn't be rushed into making new signings, and only making the best available signings for the club, i relation to budget etc

No disrespect to Aaron Hughes, but at 35 yrs old, injury prone and hardly getting a game in the championship last year with QPR, yes we have landed him on a free transfer, not sure what sort of wages he would demand, but just doesnt this signing show us where we really are at, relying on free signings because we havent got a budget big enough to fork out for transfer fees ???

Sorry to say it, but im afraid that we havent got a pot to piss in !!!!!

Sell ULLOA to Leicester for £7.5 million now and reinvest quickly

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not so many weeks ago, Tony Bloom stated in an interview that the club wouldn't be rushed into making new signings, and only making the best available signings for the club, i relation to budget etc

No disrespect to Aaron Hughes, but at 35 yrs old, injury prone and hardly getting a game in the championship last year with QPR, yes we have landed him on a free transfer, not sure what sort of wages he would demand, but just doesnt this signing show us where we really are at, relying on free signings because we havent got a budget big enough to fork out for transfer fees ???

I fear you may be right but I hope you're not. No doubt our rivals will be deeply envious that we have snapped up Hughes on a free.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Another thread claiming something based on absolutely nothing. With respect, we are still a month away from the start of the season so FFS stop panicking

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

We sold Barnes and Briductt. We have plenty to spend.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
im not saying we are in trouble, im saying we havent got a pot to piss in in regards that the budget doesnt allow for any transfer fees to buy new players

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If we were desperate for money Ulloa would be sold by now.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

1. He's 34. 35 in November.
2. He played 11 games 3rd choice CB from 31st January 2014 for QPR. That's not injury prone.
3. We needed experience, a hole left by Upson. Unfortunately Kompany wasn't available.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Sorry to pick holes but he is 34, and he did play 11 games for QPR as he joined them on a short term deal.
Let's hope he has one good season left in him, remember Simon Morgan?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I remember the same sort of posts when we signed Upson.
Vastly experienced, will help our younger centre backs.
Premiership and international experience last season.
An astute signing IMHO

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

He is 34, played 11 times for QPR from Feb onwards(in a side packed with big names) and apart from since Jan has played prem football his whole career. Can play anywhere across the back line and can fill in, in midfield. As for your pot to piss in a free transfer does not mean he signed for nothing. You do know that don't you???....Personally I think it's a very solid addition to replace the experience we lost in Upson.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Or, alternatively Aaron Hughes has been signed as a mentor/emergency player for our young c.b.s, and ,like most other championship clubs we havent really started signing our new players yet, as there is still over three weeks to the start of the season.I still believe the club and Tony Bloom will deliver, and without selling Ulloa

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Make a free singing = no pot to piss in?

Do you really think we're going to start the season with just two players coming in?

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
What with Greer at the back the physio will need a can of WD40 in his bag this season to oil the creaking bones. How many times will we be exposed to pace again I wonder.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
We all thought that we needed a GK, LB, CB, MF, and FW, and i personally think we would have needed to spend between at least 500k to 1million on transfer fees for each position, so a transfer budget of 5 mil would have been reasonable.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
What with Greer at the back the physio will need a can of WD40 in his bag this season to oil the creaking bones. How many times will we be exposed to pace again I wonder.

We better sign a decent forward with a good goals ratio with greer and hughes in defence, as with the lack of pace we will be conceding goals and having to come from behind more often

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I fear that at some point in May 2015, Sami Hypiia will offer his resignation after faailing to get us promotion, citing the reasons, that he could not achieve what was expected working within the constraints of the budget he was given etc etc. Groundhog Day yet again !!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I think the OP is forgetting some of the truly brilliant free transfers we've made over the past few years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here