Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nzuzi Toko - good signing

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Some people on here have seemed to have forgotten he is a new singing. :moo:

Getting him on a free transfer was a great bit of business, as what Ive seen from him so far is really good, in the Patrick thistle game he fit in to the team quite well. Does anyone else agree?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Some people on here have seemed to have forgotten he is a new singing. :moo:

Getting him on a free transfer was a great bit of business, as what Ive seen from him so far is really good, in the Patrick thistle game he fit in to the team quite well. Does anyone else agree?

Too early to say. Let's hope so.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I've seen him play one game, playing with alongside a wafer-thin squad. Best to reserve judgement until we've seen more IMO,

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We managed to sign him on a free, and within our wage budget presumably, so he can't be that good. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He's already a contender for my favourite player of the season, based purely on this quote on the official site:

"It is a very hard league but I am looking forward to it because I like football and I think it is one of the nicest jobs in the world and I like it when I can do it as many times as possible"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Half of NSC have decided he's good and a 'good signing' without even seeing him play. He's also on many 'teams' in the Sheff Weds (pointless at this stage) team thread. Based on guesswork again....

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Half of NSC have decided he's good and a 'good signing' without even seeing him play. He's also on many 'teams' in the Sheff Weds (pointless at this stage) team thread. Based on guesswork again....

Agree that such threads are pointless.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agree that such threads are pointless.

I know I don't see the logic in them til say 2 days before the game. We may sign 2 or 3 players before that game!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I know I don't see the logic in them til say 2 days before the game. We may sign 2 or 3 players before that game!

I suppose it could be a useful exercise in assessing the areas of the squad that need attention/bolstering. But to be honest you could do that without saying its a 'team for Wednesday'.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Although I kind of agree that predicting the team now is pointless, I assume the reason Nzuzi is in most teams for the Sheff Wed game is lack of other options. With Stephens out and Crofts just coming back to fitness, Nzuzi and Ince starting in midfield would be the logical selection.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The new Bridcutt? Does that mean he can only pass 5 metres backwards or sideways and has absolutely no idea where the opposing goal is?

You do know that Bridcutt played a holding midfield role, playing left to right and supporting the defense, right? He wasn't playing off Ulloa!

In fact he was so good at it he know does it in the Premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here