Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Wilshere

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Coming to terms with the World Cup exit by having a few fags in the pool and snogging Joe Hart

Wilshire.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The future of English football is looking bright.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant way of getting fit for the new season, glad to see they are doing all they can to put right the embarrassment of Englands World Cup campaign

Your holidays must be a right laugh: do you take the laptop with you so you can prepare yourself for the following week at work?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Brilliant way of getting fit for the new season, glad to see they are doing all they can to put right the embarrassment of Englands World Cup campaign

I guess that means you don't mess around in a pool, drink and kiss blokes on your holidays ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I guess if there are also pictures of him lying comatose in a pool of his own vomit, being arrested for punching random strangers or having his stomach pumped in the nearest ER, it might be cause for concern.

But he's on holiday from work- a holiday sanctioned by his club, one assumes- and he's having a drink. Alright, and a fag. Pffffft. It makes him neither a chain smoker nor an alcoholic. If he'd been doing it the week before the World Cup, we- as England fans- may have cause for complaint, but really, I couldn't care less what an Arsenal player does on his day off. Arsenal fans might do, I suppose.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Or a young man who works 6 days a week spending some time with his mates, enjoying himself during the 3 or 4 weeks where he actually gets a break?

I agree with you. He's not doing anything wrong or illegal; certainly nothing I wouldn't have done in my 20s (snogging Joe Hart apart).

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Perhaps if he did do that before the world cup a la Dentist chair 1996 perhaps we might have performed better as a team at the world cup

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wilshere seems to be struggling to live up to the expectations of his early career anyway, so I doubt a couple of vodkas in a Las Vegas footballer-crèche will make much difference.

Has he done much for several seasons apart from getting repeatedly injured, batting off one or two other rumours, oh and coming on as a sub in an FA Cup game and assisting in knocking us out?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I guess if there are also pictures of him lying comatose in a pool of his own vomit, being arrested for punching random strangers or having his stomach pumped in the nearest ER, it might be cause for concern.

But he's on holiday from work- a holiday sanctioned by his club, one assumes- and he's having a drink. Alright, and a fag. Pffffft. It makes him neither a chain smoker nor an alcoholic. If he'd been doing it the week before the World Cup, we- as England fans- may have cause for complaint, but really, I couldn't care less what an Arsenal player does on his day off. Arsenal fans might do, I suppose.

But two men snogging though? I draw the line there :0)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wilshere seems to be struggling to live up to the expectations of his early career anyway, so I doubt a couple of vodkas in a Las Vegas footballer-crèche will make much difference.

Has he done much for several seasons apart from getting repeatedly injured, batting off one or two other rumours, oh and coming on as a sub in an FA Cup game and assisting in knocking us out?

I still think he should sign for Everton.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Your holidays must be a right laugh: do you take the laptop with you so you can prepare yourself for the following week at work?

I think you will find he takes his punch hole machine with him in case there are any returns from Thailand that need stamping.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm pretty sure that the pre-season will be where the whole 'getting fit' kicks in.

The only way they could 'put right' the WC campaign would be to travel back in time and, whilst I like Joe Hart, I can't imagine that his grasp of applied theoretical physics is enough to pull it off. That leaves them with the option of public apologies and, presumably, weeping OR taking a holiday to refresh and ignore the constant drone from media and fans.

If they then go on holiday, and don't do anything illegal, then they can (and should) do whatever they like. If it impacts on their performances early in the season I'd think it likely that their respective managers will make it known that they're not happy.

Edit; I've just twigged what Wilshere's up to, he's clearly following the George Best programme, he'll tear it up next year!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You think other countries players don't act in a similar way? Stop kidding yourself, I'm not sure why people are so obsessed with what footballers get up to on their holidays, just because they are footballers doesn't mean they can't have 'fun' every now & again, as long as they remain professional with their club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here