Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does this mean we aren't singing a LB???

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Means we won't Sign anyone

how_to_stop_panic_attacks.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Great quote about the SPL: “In the Championship, teams play on the ground more. Whereas the Scottish Premier League is closer to League One"
:lolol:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
For the club to have that as a news item I reckon we won't see a new CB, leaving us with him, LD and GG, with Calde as cover. Is that enough? I'd like us to push for Martin Kelly from Liverpool, if Sami can get him.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
"I'm a left back and I'm ok, I sleep all night and I work all day".

I'm singing a left back.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'll be gobsmacked if we sign anyone of note. There's no money guv.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
No, it means a player who'll be allowed to leave the club next summer, if not earlier, was interviewed and didn't say, "I'm not sure why I'm here, I'll probably be let go soon".

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
For the club to have that as a news item I reckon we won't see a new CB, leaving us with him, LD and GG, with Calde as cover. Is that enough? I'd like us to push for Martin Kelly from Liverpool, if Sami can get him.

I thought Kelly was predominantly a right back

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Prefers CB I thought.

I think that's where he started and was seen as Hyypia's replacement believe it or not, but ended up taking over from Johnson at RB until injuries ruined his progress. Either way he's a player I'd love to see down here, big physical player but surprisingly mobile. Maybe a move to us would be a good kick start for his career #hopeful

Dec 29, 2011
No, it means a player who'll be allowed to leave the club next summer, if not earlier, was interviewed and didn't say, "I'm not sure why I'm here, I'll probably be let go soon".

Hope not, there was such high expectations when he signed. Arsenal and others were interested before he came here and he's put in good performances for clubs he's been on loan to (and his national side). He's still young, we should give him a new contract because we all know what happened with Cook when we let him leave.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No. It means we'll only sign a central defender to replace Upson, not one to replace ElAbd as well.

This

We tend to replace like for like. We are currently down El-Abd and Upson. Maksimenko would come in for El-Abd needing us to still sign a quality starting CB. For this reason I would still expect us to sign a first choice keeper, a third choice striker and a left back of some description (depending on how Sami views Chicksen). And yes, I am expecting we will take our time over it in case we have to replace Ulloa too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here