Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup Treble Winner

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Sorry, but had to show off a little bit with a small lap of honour. :cheers: :cool:
Thanks to Bozza and Steve Foster for all their hard work. Made the World Cup Even More Enjoyable. :thumbsup:

NSC World Cup betting competition
2 winners who predicted the final being 0-0 at 90 minutes, Nigella's Cream Pie, Waino696969. Well done but not quite enough to overtake
del strangefish who won the inaugural World Cup Predictor Competition! Start crystal ball gazing to the next football season folks!

Leaderboard

10 Points

Del strangefish

9 Points

Johnnyboy, Matrix 10, One Teddy Maybank, Tim Over Whelmed

8 Points

Cantona's Flying Dropkick, Soulman,

NSC vBookie Table
del strangefish has a total of 48151
hans kraay fan club has a total of 47553
Guinness Boy has a total of 19750
boyda has a total of 16788
Red'n'Blue has a total of 12647...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was a curious strategy to suddenly bet so small in the last two matches, I thought, but it paid off so congratulations.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
It was a curious strategy to suddenly bet so small in the last two matches, I thought, but it paid off so congratulations.
The last two games could of gone either way depending on what team Van Gaal was going to put out.
The odds were low, so decided not to risk too much and hope others failed.
Thanks again for setting it up and looking forward o next season. t

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The last two games could of gone either way depending on what team Van Gaal was going to put out.
The odds were low, so decided not to risk too much and hope others failed.
Thanks again for setting it up and looking forward o next season. t

Well done Mr Strangefish :bowdown:

I wish I'd chucked the house at the final now, was relying on you & HKFC going large on Ze Germans. Not being able to decide on the Holland semi and forgetting totally about the 3rd place game :facepalm: didn't help but it was always a 2 horse race between you and Hans in reality and your strategy paid off handsomely. Hope you had some real cash on it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It should be noted that [MENTION=12543]del strangefish[/MENTION] not only managed to beat us all in the nsc predict the world cup mini league but he was top of the England supporters mini league of 5533 players and out of 25000 global entrants he came 2nd - top tipping :bowdown:

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
It should be noted that [MENTION=12543]del strangefish[/MENTION] not only managed to beat us all in the nsc predict the world cup mini league but he was top of the England supporters mini league of 5533 players and out of 25000 global entrants he came 2nd - top tipping :bowdown:

Thanks Gazwag. Wasn't aware of that last stat.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks HKFC,
Exciting end to a great competition.

I fcked up massively. I was waiting and waiting for Guiness Boy and Red n Blue to commit, because I knew that 13000 all in would take them past my total.

I was sat with my pads on waiting to go into bat, and was next in, so not entirely concentrating. I picked the draw, saw what I needed to bet to take me past you, and got the sodding maths wrong, by £300! What a dunce.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
I fcked up massively. I was waiting and waiting for Guiness Boy and Red n Blue to commit, because I knew that 13000 all in would take them past my total.

I was sat with my pads on waiting to go into bat, and was next in, so not entirely concentrating. I picked the draw, saw what I needed to bet to take me past you, and got the sodding maths wrong, by £300! What a dunce.

Damn. That was bad luck. Hope you had a good innings.
I went for a German win inside the 90. If I'd have bet an extra 600 vCash on them you'd have pipped me by two quid!!!

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Apologies for leaving you padded up. I only remembered I hadn't bet on Saturday when Holland got the penalty.

After that it was a case of laying what I thought would achieve the sort of total that would secure third and get the win if you leaders had gone in very large. Al least I beat the Palace fan. There was a point where he was leading and I genuinely think we would never have heard the end of it if he'd won. I suspect in terms of correct result predictions you two were way ahead of the pack.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
[MENTION=12543]del strangefish[/MENTION] please can you post all your footy bets over the new footy season.... so we can copy :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Damn. That was bad luck. Hope you had a good innings.
I went for a German win inside the 90. If I'd have bet an extra 600 vCash on them you'd have pipped me by two quid!!!

I got 28, which is pretty respectable by my recent standards!

Apologies for leaving you padded up. I only remembered I hadn't bet on Saturday when Holland got the penalty.

After that it was a case of laying what I thought would achieve the sort of total that would secure third and get the win if you leaders had gone in very large. Al least I beat the Palace fan. There was a point where he was leading and I genuinely think we would never have heard the end of it if he'd won. I suspect in terms of correct result predictions you two were way ahead of the pack.

There's a lot of luck involved to be honest. I was down to TWO vcash at one point, with 1000 staked on the 'unlikely' event of Chile beating Spain...

Later on, I was very lucky not to get wiped out, when I went all in on Holland to beat Mexico. Holland were 1-0 with about a minute to go!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here