Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MAKSIMENKO EYES BREAKTHROUGH SEASON

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion defender Vitalijs Maksimenko wants to make 2014/15 his breakthrough season under new manager Sami Hyypia.
The Latvian international spent the second half of last season on loan at Kilmarnock, having spent the end of the previous campaign at Yeovil, and feels those spells away have helped him progress*
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m looking forward to this pre-season and will give 100% to stay in the team. I want to be involved in the first game of the Championship season and maybe the new gaffer will give me a chance.
“I had chances last season, but didn't take them. It is the last year of my contract at this team and I was in the squad up until December last season.
“I’ve learned a great deal from my loan spells. In League One, the style of football is maybe more physical and more direct.
“In the Championship, teams play on the ground more. Whereas the Scottish Premier League is closer to League One.
“I want to stay here at Brighton to help them, as they’ve helped me to develop and I’m just looking forward to the future.
“I want to learn as much as I can from my new teammates and gaffer, as they will help me to develop as a player.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here