Messi player of the tournament?!?!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
WTF??

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a FIFA tournament, what did you expect?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i blame that c**t Blatter

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Probably Neymar 2nd and David Luiz 3rd.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I never realised they gave a 'golden ball' award and a 'golden glove'. Both are a nonsense as they're subjective opinions by who exactly?

The 'golden boot' is fair enough as that's a simple fact that wins it. Also happens that James Rodriguez is a worthy winner too.

Anyway, I'm not too bothered as a good thing happened tonight...

...A fantastic tournament ended up being won by the team that most deserved to win, and with a quality goal rather than it going to penalties.

I've loved this World Cup. Best one I can remember, especially the group games.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He wasn't even the best Argentinian, let alone best player at the tournament.

Was it the same voting process as we have at home games - get some clueless sponsor to name one of the players they've heard of?

D

Deleted member 18477

Adidas give their sponsored trophy to their best sponsored player.

Bravo adidas. Made you look rather stupid really.

Let's just blame that tool Blatter though. It's more fun and he's a complete COCK!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Let's just blame that tool Blatter though. It's more fun and he's a complete COCK!

I was wondering this last night but couldn't remember if Messi was sponsored by Adidas. All makes sense now!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

And whose fault is it that a sponsor gets a say in who's the 'player of the tournament'?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The stage was set for Messi to write his name into immortality, this tournament. Could he join that very rare breed that have carried their countries to World Cup glory. Answer. No.
He and Christiano Ronaldo are recognised as the two best players in the World but neither have proved capable of carrying their side to victory, at the highest level. Messi had a chance last night. Germany were the better team, Argentina had the better chances. The final set-piece was Messi's legacy. All his teammates in the box and he curls an inept free-kick miles wide. Head and heart gone, the pressure got to him.
It is sad that he has been voted player of the tournament because that does a grave disservice to others who were better. He is massively talented but not one of the all-time greats. He lacks the personality, presence and power of Maradona who could sweep teammates along with him.
The decision epitomises FIFA and throws credibility out of the window.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Well if hiding for long periods of the last 3 games wins it Well done Lionel,it's ok doing it against Iran bit like playing 95% of league games in Spain.Sadly i don't think your world class when it comes to the big boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here