Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan needs a favour.

Ipswich

Jul 13, 2014
Hi, young ITFC fan here. I am writing a piece on our forum about how the other clubs in the league see us and what they think our chances are of promotion or relegation in the coming season. I understand that there will be a few more comings and goings and that you lot may not be aware of all our deals so far but I would really like it if you could write a decent sized paragraph about our chances and transfers etc. I shall return the favour, if any of you are interested in the same sort of thing!

I think Brighton have had a very successful first few seasons back in the Championship and managed to recover well from the shambolic situation which resulted in the sacking of Gus Poyet. Although I do not know the details of his resignation, it seemed that Garcia was being slightly unrealistic with funding, well compared with our budget anyway! I thought you were one of the best teams in the division last season, echoing your position ( even if we did beat you twice!:p) and I enjoyed watching your fans going mental at Forest on the last day. There hasn't been too much activity in terms of transfers but the squad should be able to compete with just a few more additions. The signing of Nzuzi Toko looks an intriguing one and should add to the midfield, especially with Forster-Caskey's new deal. Mackail-Smith is a good forward too, as is Ulloa, despite his comical penalty against Middlesbrough!
At the moment, I think you will be in midtable, but you seem to have decent finances and with a few more additions you could certainly be in a similar position to last season. I wish you good luck for the forthcoming season (except in two fixtures) and all replies will be much appreciated.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Hi, young ITFC fan here. I am writing a piece on our forum about how the other clubs in the league see us and what they think our chances are of promotion or relegation in the coming season. I understand that there will be a few more comings and goings and that you lot may not be aware of all our deals so far but I would really like it if you could write a decent sized paragraph about our chances and transfers etc. I shall return the favour, if any of you are interested in the same sort of thing!

I think Brighton have had a very successful first few seasons back in the Championship and managed to recover well from the shambolic situation which resulted in the sacking of Gus Poyet. Although I do not know the details of his resignation, it seemed that Garcia was being slightly unrealistic with funding, well compared with our budget anyway! I thought you were one of the best teams in the division last season, echoing your position ( even if we did beat you twice!:p) and I enjoyed watching your fans going mental at Forest on the last day. There hasn't been too much activity in terms of transfers but the squad should be able to compete with just a few more additions. The signing of Nzuzi Toko looks an intriguing one and should add to the midfield, especially with Forster-Caskey's new deal. Mackail-Smith is a good forward too, as is Ulloa, despite his comical penalty against Middlesbrough!
At the moment, I think you will be in midtable, but you seem to have decent finances and with a few more additions you could certainly be in a similar position to last season. I wish you good luck for the forthcoming season (except in two fixtures) and all replies will be much appreciated.

Feck off:p

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Ipswich - make crap banners

This season I hope they don't not potentially maybe never always finish in the relegation spots or not

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Ipswich tracteur.gif

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
"what they think our chances are of promotion or relegation in the coming season."

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Down with this sort of thing.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
As you said you're a young tractor boy, I'll give you an answer based on your age.
Your manager is probably one of the best in this division and if anyone can make a silk purse, it's him. The signings you've made seem a little last chance saloon so Mccarthys man management skills will really be tested. Top ten is going to be about right for you again as I don't think you have the strength in depth over 46 games. The seasons highlight could be a cook off with Delias mob on telly and pray you're not blighted by injuries.
As for beating us twice, well Derby beat us four times and we took six points off Leicester and four from Burnley....we're still in the same division

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As you said you're a young tractor boy, I'll give you an answer based on your age.
Your manager is probably one of the best in this division and if anyone can make a silk purse, it's him. The signings you've made seem a little last chance saloon so Mccarthys man management skills will really be tested. Top ten is going to be about right for you again as I don't think you have the strength in depth over 46 games. The seasons highlight could be a cook off with Delias mob on telly and pray you're not blighted by injuries.
As for beating us twice, well Derby beat us four times and we took six points off Leicester and four from Burnley....we're still in the same division

At last for the sake of all Brighton supporters a decent reply for the OP..

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I think you'll be playoff contenders under big Mick. Last time I went to your place was for our own relegation party dressed as Johny Byrne (ex Brighton/Sunderland striker). Loved John Wark, love the horse badge, loved the Didier Drogba rumour. Bobby Robson was a decent chap and the land of the Angles is a beautiful place to live.

Ipswich

Jul 13, 2014

cheers. The beating you thing meant tongue in cheek btw. fair play though, we lost all four against Burnley and Leicester and chucked away a 4-1 lead at derby

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
"Just before kick off, a section of Ipswich fans in the away end stood up and displayed two banners which collectively read: “Some things money can’t buy … football isn’t one: the Amex.”

:wanker:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
McCarthy is old school, which makes him a dinosaur in the modern game.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Small town near Norwich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here