Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thumbs up/down-

Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar

Thumbs up/down-

3 Not allowed!
    Quite an useful facility really,been checking my Notifications and have seen i have 42 thumbs-39 up and 3 down (although this is merely a indication of my most recent posting) and further it can change.

It's a good way to agree or disagree with a post or maybe even a thread started by an OP..

But using mine as an example,when i look at what i have posted and whom has given a thumb,it's interesting to see what poster has agreed or no agreed with the content i have written.

Why does this matter?

Well we have all been on the boards and had arguments with other users in one thread and then a week or so later been like best pals with them in another thread,however i do appreciate that some posters are like chalk and cheese and come what may they will never agree and to some degree rightly so,some resort to placing their despised poster on an ignore list,or may indeed allow a situation to become so out of hand that they find themselves banned,others use private messaging,for me it matters in the sense that i personally strive to be a good fair poster and the thumbs facility gives me an indication of my current posting form..

The most interesting part for me is seeing who has agreed with what and i think to myself,i did not think they were like that,they have a sense of humour or a sense of fairness and dignity after all..
    In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GoldWithFalmer View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      and i think to myself
      ...what a wonderful world (NSC is).

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hart's shirt View Post
      ...what a wonderful world (NSC is).
      Worth a thumbs up you little devil
      In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      It's all about not taking one's self too seriously. And it's just a lot more enjoyable to get along.

As Albion fans, our similarities will always far outweigh our differences.

(Good original post btw - astute and sincere. Well worth a +1.)

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hart's shirt View Post
      It's all about not taking one's self too seriously. And it's just a lot more enjoyable to get along.

As Albion fans, our similarities will always far outweigh our differences.

(Good original post btw - astute and sincere. Well worth a +1.)
      I have just given you a thumbs up,yet when i look back it says thumbs down? perhaps i have got things all wrong-i have done it again for this post,pressed green yet it shows a thumbs down? a

1 Not allowed!
      I have just given you a thumbs up,yet when i look back it says thumbs down? perhaps i have got things all wrong-i have done it again for this post,pressed green yet it shows a thumbs down? a
      When you hit a thumbs up, it takes the thumb up away, leaving just the thumbs down. As you have used the thumb up.

1 Not allowed!
      Quite an useful facility really,been checking my Notifications and have seen i have 42 thumbs-39 up and 3 down (although this is merely a indication of my most recent posting) and further it can change.

It's a good way to agree or disagree with a post or maybe even a thread started by an OP..

But using mine as an example,when i look at what i have posted and whom has given a thumb,it's interesting to see what poster has agreed or no agreed with the content i have written.

Why does this matter?

Well we have all been on the boards and had arguments with other users in one thread and then a week or so later been like best pals with them in another thread,however i do appreciate that some posters are like chalk and cheese and come what may they will never agree and to some degree rightly so,some resort to placing their despised poster on an ignore list,or may indeed allow a situation to become so out of hand that they find themselves banned,others use private messaging,for me it matters in the sense that i personally strive to be a good fair poster and the thumbs facility gives me an indication of my current posting form..

The most interesting part for me is seeing who has agreed with what and i think to myself,i did not think they were like that,they have a sense of humour or a sense of fairness and dignity after all..
      Agree, though the temptation to be childish and give you a thumbs down was in the balance, but I just about managed to refrain from doing so
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Definitely a thumbs up from you. And have one back for your trouble.

Now if they've had done this reciprocal appreciation on the other thread it wouldn't have got past the first page...

0 Not allowed!
      I think there should be a sideways thumb for those who neither agree nor disagree with a post, or just don't really care enough for a thumbs up or thumbs down. I would also add the "Churchill" for those who want to vehemently disagree but can't be arsed to post.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goring-by-Seagull View Post
      When you hit a thumbs up, it takes the thumb up away, leaving just the thumbs down. As you have used the thumb up.
      Post 4 shows a thumbs down to me,what does it say to you?