Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thumbs up/down-

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Quite an useful facility really,been checking my Notifications and have seen i have 42 thumbs-39 up and 3 down (although this is merely a indication of my most recent posting) and further it can change.

It's a good way to agree or disagree with a post or maybe even a thread started by an OP..

But using mine as an example,when i look at what i have posted and whom has given a thumb,it's interesting to see what poster has agreed or no agreed with the content i have written.

Why does this matter?

Well we have all been on the boards and had arguments with other users in one thread and then a week or so later been like best pals with them in another thread,however i do appreciate that some posters are like chalk and cheese and come what may they will never agree and to some degree rightly so,some resort to placing their despised poster on an ignore list,or may indeed allow a situation to become so out of hand that they find themselves banned,others use private messaging,for me it matters in the sense that i personally strive to be a good fair poster and the thumbs facility gives me an indication of my current posting form..

The most interesting part for me is seeing who has agreed with what and i think to myself,i did not think they were like that,they have a sense of humour or a sense of fairness and dignity after all..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's all about not taking one's self too seriously. And it's just a lot more enjoyable to get along.

As Albion fans, our similarities will always far outweigh our differences.

(Good original post btw - astute and sincere. Well worth a +1.)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's all about not taking one's self too seriously. And it's just a lot more enjoyable to get along.

As Albion fans, our similarities will always far outweigh our differences.

(Good original post btw - astute and sincere. Well worth a +1.)

I have just given you a thumbs up,yet when i look back it says thumbs down? perhaps i have got things all wrong-i have done it again for this post,pressed green yet it shows a thumbs down? a

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I have just given you a thumbs up,yet when i look back it says thumbs down? perhaps i have got things all wrong-i have done it again for this post,pressed green yet it shows a thumbs down? a

When you hit a thumbs up, it takes the thumb up away, leaving just the thumbs down. As you have used the thumb up.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Quite an useful facility really,been checking my Notifications and have seen i have 42 thumbs-39 up and 3 down (although this is merely a indication of my most recent posting) and further it can change.

It's a good way to agree or disagree with a post or maybe even a thread started by an OP..

But using mine as an example,when i look at what i have posted and whom has given a thumb,it's interesting to see what poster has agreed or no agreed with the content i have written.

Why does this matter?

Well we have all been on the boards and had arguments with other users in one thread and then a week or so later been like best pals with them in another thread,however i do appreciate that some posters are like chalk and cheese and come what may they will never agree and to some degree rightly so,some resort to placing their despised poster on an ignore list,or may indeed allow a situation to become so out of hand that they find themselves banned,others use private messaging,for me it matters in the sense that i personally strive to be a good fair poster and the thumbs facility gives me an indication of my current posting form..

The most interesting part for me is seeing who has agreed with what and i think to myself,i did not think they were like that,they have a sense of humour or a sense of fairness and dignity after all..

Agree, though the temptation to be childish and give you a thumbs down was in the balance, but I just about managed to refrain from doing so :)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Definitely a thumbs up from you. And have one back for your trouble. :thumbsup:

Now if they've had done this reciprocal appreciation on the other thread it wouldn't have got past the first page... :wink:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I think there should be a sideways thumb for those who neither agree nor disagree with a post, or just don't really care enough for a thumbs up or thumbs down. I would also add the "Churchill" for those who want to vehemently disagree but can't be arsed to post.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
When you hit a thumbs up, it takes the thumb up away, leaving just the thumbs down. As you have used the thumb up.

Post 4 shows a thumbs down to me,what does it say to you?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It sounds to me like anyone taking notice of what others think about them is a little insecure and lacking in self confidence.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The number (1) is on the left, next to the thumb down.

But it means a thumb up. A thumb up is a positive. If it had been a thumb down it would say -1.

Thanks for that..have a thumbs up

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It sounds to me like anyone taking notice of what others think about them is a little insecure and lacking in self confidence.

Being aware of what others think is where it is at,i'd say that it helps with confidence,after all,let me give you an example-

Picture the scene-

Newqauy,about 10 years ago,me and the lads went to a surf shop and got fitted out in surfing gear,we put on our rented wet suits and grabbed our boards,headed for the beach..

None of us had surfed before,but we were confident that we would be world beaters,anyway as we were strolling brazen down to the beach,we heard a surfer shout to us "hey dudes,you've got your wet suits on the wrong way around"

Now no amount of self confidence would have saved us from the inevitable insecurity felt on the beach had we not listened.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think they are a pain in the arris.

I have given you a thumbs up,simply because i admire your posting,especially during titanic thread battles..

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I can't say I've tracked it at all really.

Only give out thumbs up when something makes me laugh or is spot on.

Don't use thumbs down generally.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just remember this forum doesn't always sum up how people really are in real life. The internet is an easy way to mis-judge people. For example [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] insisted I was a bit thick for years but was completely wrong ;)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here