Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV and Sky lose all live Champions League and Europa League matches from next season

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Slightly old news but I wondered what people thought about this?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24879138

I don't know how many people have BT sport. If you have BT broadband at the moment it's free (or £5 for HD channels on Sky), if not it's £12 per month.

I'm guessing lots of people have sky tv and broadband and would therefore have to pay £12 per month on top of their sky subscription if they want to watch European cup football next season..

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I recently managed to strike a pretty good deal with Virgin to get the BT Sport channel. I was going to swap to BT to get the Champions League,Premier League and MotoGP but Virgin offered me their full TV Package, top speed broadband and phone for £38pm.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I dont mind paying it the extra as long as it doesnt go up, How much would you spend down the pub watching these games?

also they have the better PL games

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
there's some staggering numbers in that article

i gave up on paying to watch live football years ago

Match Of The Day & The Football League Show are more than enough of a weekend

D

Deleted member 18477

I have BT sport already free with BT broadband and it's so nice to see Sky lose one of their Crown Jewels!

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
Doesn't bother me, I have cheap sky with cheap sky sports and cheap BT sports :D What annoys me is the lack of live 3pm games when other countries get them all, live.

Would it affect attendance levels? Would people really rather watch the game on telly instead of being there themselves?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I heard that NFL has some sort of rule that if a game sells out or sells a minimum proportion, then the game is shown live on TV in the home state, if not it isn't. Maybe football could try something like that. I guess the difference is that there are so many clubs in England and the argument is always that people won't bother going to see say Lewes on a Saturday at 3pm if they can stay at home and match Man U Chelsea instead..

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I have BT sport already free with BT broadband and it's so nice to see Sky lose one of their Crown Jewels!
For a year,........ you have to pay after that,......

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Doesn't bother me, I have cheap sky with cheap sky sports and cheap BT sports :D What annoys me is the lack of live 3pm games when other countries get them all, live.

Would it affect attendance levels? Would people really rather watch the game on telly instead of being there themselves?

Think match of the day and other licenses stop 3pm games being shown

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Free last season and still free this season...

But not next season. I suspect the BT channels (1,2 and ESPN) will cost approx £20 a month. Currently get BT Sport through having BT broadband

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Tbh I can't remember the last time I watched the champions league, it bores me!!

can certainly take it or leave it at the group stages

have no real interest in other european domestic leagues either

I would prefer to watch lower league football from our leagues,the standard is pretty dire I know,but I'm just more interested in it that's all

would be nice to see lower level clubs being more financially supported,can only help our domestic game in general

D

Deleted member 18477

But not next season. I suspect the BT channels (1,2 and ESPN) will cost approx £20 a month. Currently get BT Sport through having BT broadband
Oh well. Anything to stop murdoch getting richer. I'll pay it, not bothered. £20 is a few pints down the pub. Hardly a fortune for something I really enjoy.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
BT Broadband does not work properly for everyone. Not without BT Infinity. And then not always with that. Too slow to watch TV.

BT Infinity has not come to everybody despite the promises. Not only that the ordinary BT connection at 12mbps only works 90% of the time, and only 50% of the time in the evenings and weekends.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here